• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Need new rain pants

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new pair of rain pants and am looking for recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Several years ago I bought a pair of Cabelas breathable bibs. They have leg and pocket access zippers and vents. No issues and I’ve used them pretty hard.

Bob

I also have a pair of Cabela's Guide Wear rain pants. They are not the lightest, however they have been very durable and keep me dry in the rain or busting through wet underbrush.

Thanks for recommendations! I'm hoping for something durable yet fairly lightweight. Pants that aren't super loud would be a big plus. I'm also someone who runs fairly hot, despite my scrawniness, so I often don't put on rain pants right away. But I figure for longer trips a person should be prepared...I'll have a look at Cabela's. In the meantime, keep those recommendations coming. Thanks!

I have a cheap pair of lightweight Columbia rain pants. They weigh very little and keep me dry (not Goretex; just a DWR finish). But they do lack pockets (which I regret every time I use them) or side zips that I think might make them easier to put on/take off while sitting in a canoe or in a tent.

Back