• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

My 60th Birthday Tripping Cake

Wow, happy birthday Brad! Nice cake, is it made from Spam?

60 huh, you're making me feel young, ha ha, and no more lugging a canoe across portages soon, just come float the Kap with us next Summer..

Karin

Hahaha...I love the birch bark cake. You just know that I will be sneaking out in the middle of the night to paint a "60"on the front of your canoe.

Christy

Wow sweet(pun intended) looking cake!! Happy BD to you and long life to you and your tripping!!

Thanks friends. Until now I always thought 60 was just another speed limit. One minute I'm 25 without a care in the world and then whoooosh, strangers are calling me sir, my pants don't fit right, my hair is turning grey, and cashiers at Home Depot are asking me "You need help carrying that out to your truck...sir?"
The gal who made me this cake has a heart of gold. But I didn't get a slice of it. Too busy sharing laughs and stories with family and friends at the party. Besides, cake doesn't agree with me. Sweet stuff upsets my stomach and.....oh geeze, now I'm starting to sound 60.
Hope you all enjoy a slice of the good life in 2017. Calm waters, breathtaking sunrises, and sunny days. And maybe even a little cake.

Kudos to the cake artist for a lovely creation and congrats to the recipient!

Thanks everyone. I don't feel a day over 59.
I'm trying to figure out how to top this cake (if she'll bake me another) next year. I'm thinking spam. What do ya think?

ps You can't see in the photo, but there was even a perfectly fondant formed down sleeping bag inside that tent on the cake! Incredible edible! And there was a stack of "wood" next to the tent. I thought they looked like French breadsticks, but was warned "NO! They're cut logs for the fire." Oh. Okay. I woulda been happy with a supply of French bread too.

Last edited:
Odyssey - Don't you know? 60 is the new 40! You're still a youngster!!! In all seriousness, I'm going to turn 64 next April and, with the exception of a day here and a day there, I'm of the mindset that age doesn't matter if you don't want it to. Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll be fine. You may have to make a few adjustments along the way but the best advice I can offer is just keep doing what you enjoy. You won't regret it; and you won't rust away either!

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Back