• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Kitchen Sink

Reaction score
Last year on a former tripping site I saw Yellow Canoe (if I remember correctly) mention using a folding sink to filter water up in the camp at leisure. I was inspired. At Canoecopia I looked at three different brands and ended up buying a Sea To Summit 10 litre Kitchen Sink. I am very happy with it. This year I sat on a camp stool with a back rest and filtered water while watching supper cook. Handy to have water there for cooking and to douse the fire last thing at night. As dry as it was I was a little nervous about having a fire anyway. Having water on hand to douse if a spark caught was comforting. Thanks YC, every time I use it now I think of you. Dave

We got the 20 litre for our Yukon River trip this summer! Too big for me solo, the Sea to Summit big sink was ideal. The YR has campsites way up slippery banks. Not only was the slosh factor something to plan for (we dared not fill it but carried maybe 12 liters uphill). We just did not want to make more than one water foray.

Here is a link to the sink.

http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/13

Now comes out in a sil nylon version for the soloist
http://www.seatosummit.com/products/display/175

I also see they have Pack bags for transporting and hanging bulk water.

I have the 10 L model. The only thing I use it for is to carry water. Soap and dirty dishes shall never touch it. As Rippy said, the convenience for filtering is unbelievable!

I have a folding SealLine sink strictly for doing dishes, maybe 5 - 10 L ? No more splashing dirty dish water between pots and dishes (mostly on myself). I felt silly buying it, but haven't regretted the purchase. I stay dryer now too! I use a gravity bag filter and run it straight into 1 L water bottles. Before that I did the precarious slippery shoreline filter pumping dance, never thought of using my sink?! We all have ways that work for us, they're all good. I love all your ideas out there.
thanks, Brad

Back