• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Jump on a deal blind, or wait for Solo Rendezvous?

Tsuga8, you’d also be welcome to try out my MR Independence. Not sure how its maneuverability compares to the NW Solo, but it’s similarly sized, and MR rated the efficient capacity at 350 lbs. Mine’s not for sale, but I saw the VT Canoe version at Racquette River Outfitters last fall…could be worth calling them up to ask if it’s still there and if it’s for sale.

If the timing worked out, you could stop by me on your way to or from seeing Curlymoe and stripperguy.

On that note…if it’s not too forward of me to suggest, what would you folks in the vicinity of Albany and the Hudson Valley think about scheduling a meetup? Like Tsuga8, I’m hoping to get to the Rendezvous, but I think something local could be fun too. And that would let Tsuga8 demo all our canoes in one shot.

Tsuga8, you’d also be welcome to try out my MR Independence. Not sure how its maneuverability compares to the NW Solo, but it’s similarly sized, and MR rated the efficient capacity at 350 lbs. Mine’s not for sale, but I saw the VT Canoe version at Racquette River Outfitters last fall…could be worth calling them up to ask if it’s still there and if it’s for sale.

If the timing worked out, you could stop by me on your way to or from seeing Curlymoe and stripperguy.

On that note…if it’s not too forward of me to suggest, what would you folks in the vicinity of Albany and the Hudson Valley think about scheduling a meetup? Like Tsuga8, I’m hoping to get to the Rendezvous, but I think something local could be fun too. And that would let Tsuga8 demo all our canoes in one shot.

Very generous of you! I love seeing this, so many members interested is sharing this love of canoeing/canoes.

On your second question, definitely NOT too forward. There is a section here in the forum for get-togethers:

I’m jealous of how many of you are clustered in the NE. I think canoeists are spread a little thinner here in Florida.

Well shoot, thanks @Curlymoe, @stripperguy, and @Sliding Focus for the offers! I really appreciate the generosity of this community!

@Curlymoe I think you're right about pack vs seated style perhaps being too different for a useful demo, but generally, how do you like the Boreas? How's the maneuverability?

I think a local get together would be great! I started a thread for brainstorming:

Last edited:
Back