• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Northern Ontario-Marshall Lake Circuit-10 days solo

At one point on the 1.5 miler I had to slide my canoe over a few tree trunks that went down together and crawl thru underneath, dragging my packs on the second trip. Luckily it's at the end of the trip and the food pack was all but empty.

Robin, just tracked the entire canoe route via google earth. Aggressive loop indeed. What a trip and you did it so well. I believe I will be adding this trip to my "to do list". Are there any fees for camping and what maps are available to locate the campsites? Is each campsite established and just how many people accomplish this route? Well done Robin, beautiful pics and thanks for sharing such a beautiful trip with all of us. Glad I stumbled across this one!!

memaquay thanks for sharing this information. I certainly hope to make it on this trip sometime in the near future. I suspect in must cases while canoeing this route that it will not be busy. Thanks again. This information is extremely helpful.

Yes, I have done the loop several times and never encountered another canoeist. You might run into the occasional fisherman on the big lakes, there are lodges on Ara and Meta.

Robin, just tracked the entire canoe route via google earth. Aggressive loop indeed. What a trip and you did it so well. I believe I will be adding this trip to my "to do list". Are there any fees for camping and what maps are available to locate the campsites? Is each campsite established and just how many people accomplish this route? Well done Robin, beautiful pics and thanks for sharing such a beautiful trip with all of us. Glad I stumbled across this one!!

Thanks dclooots, it's a really nice circuit and I never saw anybody till I got to Ara, 8 days in. Never saw any canoe paint on rocks so I assume no one had been thru there in a while. Fishing for pickerel below rapids was outstanding.

I bought my daily crown land camping permits/fishing license on line before the trip, saved time vs finding a MNR office. Memaquay's maps and advice where right on, his knowledge of the area is legend.

I hope you get to do this trip.

Back