• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Important Places

Reaction score
This film spoke to me! Even though it centers on a Grand canyon raft trip I can relate it to my canoe tripping: a son and a father, aging, remembering what is important, getting out to the important places., nature.
See what you think!
https://vimeo.com/126544483
Enjoy,
Dave

This is another great video ! I watched and shared it awhile back !
Thanks !

Jim

Thanks Dave. An important piece of film making.

Let me take this opportunity to mention that rafting the GC should be on every outdoor person's list. It is very difficult to put a private trip together, but comparatively easy to do a commercial one if you can come up with $2,700 or so for a week. I put together a trip in 2002 and had old friends from as far away as Florida come along. Fly to Las Vegas. A bus transports you to Lee's Ferry for the one week 286 miles to Pearce Ferry and the a jetboat back to the bus landing on Lake Mead.

The Canyon is inverted world. You look at the sky through a slot. The side canyons and waterfalls are magnificent. The geology becomes like an old friend. There is plenty of history and we saw bighorn sheep every day. The beaches are really clean. We ran some of the worlds largest rapids in big rafts with an outboard on them. After the hard part the guide let me take the tiller. We met Hualapai Indians at the mouth of Havasu Creek, some with my last name. On the last night we played percussion with drift wood ,and pots and pans. When we finished cheers started from down the canyon. People call me late at night and ask when we "are going to the run the Canyon again?"

Back