• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

I like tea too

I have become a tea drinker after giving up coffee and beer, I drink up to 5 cups a day during this cold spring we have been having. I have really come to enjoy tea, no sugar, just a small amount of milk or black too. I tried Green tea and Black tea but found them too weak, so I'm happy with Benner from the Aldi store or Lipton. We drink a ton of ice tea during the warmer months so my wife is pretty cost conscience and avoids anything more expensive then Lipton.

I drink tea, usually a coffee in the morning and then a tea or two during the day, usually green tea in loose leafs form and sometime black tea. So many different flavour can be choose from today, in the winter I like a Chai black tea with a bit of milk, but most of the time I go for green. We have shop in town that stock over 100 kind/flavours of tea, Rooibos etc etc etc...
But I just love my coffee, especially now I got a new stove top maker that makes the smoothes coffee ever. it is so good that I go to bed at night excited to get up in the morning for a cup or too of that sublime taste:)!!

"I got a new stove top maker that makes the smoothes coffee ever. it is so good that I go to bed at night excited to get up in the morning for a cup or too of that sublime taste:)!!"
I too, have had that feeling,a lovely feeling it is too, lately it has been about Builders tea. I have been having a good mug of coffee every day, but I have gone over to the dark side with my tea drinking lately.
Geese & Seagulls are back, I can also hear birds that I haven't heard since last spring. The unofficial state bird of Alaska is buzzing around me when I sit out on the porch with my morning brew. Spring has sprung in my corner of the world. Life is great, get up and read what has been posted here in our community.
.............Birchy

Practically grew up on tea. It seemed normal to have a tea break along with our parents doing weekend chores. We'd dump heaping teaspoons of sugar and chugalugs of Carnation Evaporated Milk into ours. Tinned milk turned into 2% and sugar shrank to none. A number of years ago I decided I wanted to taste strong black tea full strength without the sweet & white, and have been drinking it so ever since. I do add a bit of sugar sometimes into my thermos when I'm expecting a tough day at work. Nothing like a thermos of hot tea to revive the lagging spirits. We even take slim small thermoses on bicycle rides with a picnic lunch, particularly in cooler weather in spring and fall. They fit perfectly into our bicycle bottle cages, along with additional water.
Old habits die hard they say. One of the first things we do whenever a family member drops in is to "put the kettle on." Mugs come out, the tea pot and it's cozy come down off the shelf, and the friendly clatter of spoons stirring tea fills the kitchen. Home sweet home. Or however you take your tea.

Last edited:
"I got a new stove top maker that makes the smoothes coffee ever. it is so good that I go to bed at night excited to get up in the morning for a cup or too of that sublime taste:)!!"
I too, have had that feeling,a lovely feeling it is too, lately it has been about Builders tea. I have been having a good mug of coffee every day, but I have gone over to the dark side with my tea drinking lately.
Geese & Seagulls are back, I can also hear birds that I haven't heard since last spring. The unofficial state bird of Alaska is buzzing around me when I sit out on the porch with my morning brew. Spring has sprung in my corner of the world. Life is great, get up and read what has been posted here in our community.
.............Birchy

Spring was here yesterday.... Today not so much, grey windy and cold. but it doesn't matter, I have a shop to work in!!!

Practically grew up on tea. It seemed normal to have a tea break along with our parents doing weekend chores. We'd dump heaping teaspoons of sugar and chugalugs of Carnation Evaporated Milk into ours. Tinned milk turned into 2% and sugar shrank to none. A number of years ago I decided I wanted to taste strong black tea full strength without the sweet & white, and have been drinking it so ever since. I do add a bit of sugar sometimes into my thermos when I'm expecting a tough day at work. Nothing like a thermos of hot tea to revive the lagging spirits. We even take slim small thermoses on bicycle rides with a picnic lunch, particularly in cooler weather in spring and fall. They fit perfectly into our bicycle bottle cages, along with additional water.
Old habits die hard they say. One of the first things we do whenever a family member drops in is to "put the kettle on." Mugs come out, the tea pot and it's cozy come down off the shelf, and the friendly clatter of spoons stirring tea fills the kitchen. Home sweet home. Or however you take your tea.

My wife and daughter are avid tea drinker, mainly herbs tea for my daughter, but she also like the occasional spicy Chai tea. We never leave home w/o a thermos or two of tea when on trips, be a day trip or a 10 day trip, there is always tea summer like winter.

Have my Thermos of tea ready for work this morning. I popped in to the British shop the other day to look for that Builders Tea but didn't see any. I did pick up some Bewley's Irish Breakfast.
But I like coffee too. Came across an interesting dessert I'd never heard of before. Affogato; a shot of hot espresso poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or gelato). We enjoyed that on Mother's day on Sunday. That's a dessert that'll never make it on a trip.

Last edited:
Have my Thermos of tea ready for work this morning. I popped in to the British shop the other day to look for that Builders Tea but didn't see any. I did pick up some Bewley's Irish Breakfast.
But I like coffee too. Came across an interesting dessert I'd never heard of before. Affogato; a shot of hot espresso poured over a scoop of vanilla ice cream (or gelato). We enjoyed that on Mother's day on Sunday. That's a dessert that'll never make it on a trip.

That is a slippery slope. Next comes the Espresso Martini which could concievaby come on a trip

Back