• Happy Scream Day! 😱

help me pick a flatwater tandem

Wife and I have and love a Spirit II. Paddled an ADK last weekend, briefly. For tandem it would be a toss up for us, but for solo, the ADK for sure.

Worth asking the shop if you could take one out for a demo. With some warning, maybe they'd meet you somewhere with both boats. Especially if they've been sitting there in inventory for a while.

I considered the Penobscot from REI. It would work for me if I could get it in Royalex

I picked up a Penobscot 16 in Royalex this weekend. Over the next couple weeks I'll be sprucing it up and replacing the rotted gunwales and some other trim before reselling it. If you're still looking at that time and don't mind shipping maybe we can work something out.

It's a nice boat. My dad has one and I've paddled it both solo and tandem. I thought it was surprisingly pleasant to paddle solo (backwards from the bow seat) but the wind wasn't blowing either.

Alan

Clipper Tripper tandem 17'6", Tacoma area $800, said to be fast on flatwater... with the USian greenback high relative to the loonie, you might get a deal in Vancouver-BC. Clipper canoes are made in BC IIRC, I don't think they make it out east to Ontario.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/6109710588.html
Two dealers in Ontario. One near Sarnia and one near Ottawa.. But the definition of "dealer" is broad.. may or may not have stock. I saw Mike Macintosh in Chiniguichi in his 14 foot Clipper.. But the OP is on the left coast so no matter.

Back