• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

Hello

G

Good day, my name is Chris Brown nephew of our dear friend Willis. I'm an avid hunter, fisherman, camper and overall lover of all outdoor activities. I live in the Syracuse area of upstate ny. Ive been following this site for a few months now, never to have registered. Not until my uncles untimely death and my cousin Daniels post , did I consider joining the site. I can tell that Willis was admired for his insight on all that Is outdoors. I look forward to conversing with you all and sharing thoughts, tips and concerns. This was a little slice of life that Willis held near his heart. He loved the outdoors, and solo camping. All that are continuing the legacy of this website , I have the upmost respect for and vow to help maintain this site as much as I can. Again, Willis would be proud to know the lengths some of you are going to to make this site stay active. Thank you and talk to you all soon. :cool::cool:

Welcome Chris. Well said.

On the lighter side, on my way to LaVerendrye or Kipawa regions of Quebec from here in Connecticut, I have often thought....If I lived in Syracuse I would only have a 8 hour ride to my favorite canoe areas....
Lots of outdoor options where you live.

Hello Chris. Thanks for joining and posting! We are grateful for your family's contributions and to Willis for establishing this site.

My husband is from Syracuse and we lived there for several years. Two of his sisters still live there. We actually did quite a bit of Adirondack camping and canoeing while we lived there and started canoeing with our infant daughter in Algonquin.

I also remember taking her at six months of age camping to Cranberry Lake in May. My mother in law was horrified.

Welcome Chris. Thanks for your comments and hope you can get as much out of this site as we do, both in learning and contributing. Condolences on your loss.
Respectfully,
Dave

Thanks

Thanks

Welcome Chris. Thanks for your comments and hope you can get as much out of this site as we do, both in learning and contributing. Condolences on your loss.
Respectfully,
Dave

Dave, I know you and Willis shared some chats from time to time. It's hunting season in upstate NY and the whitetail are running in droves this season. So looking forward to getting out in the wilderness, clearing my head and taking in the beauty of mother nature. This is my favorite time of years with every male on my uncles side of the family. I'm hoping to pick up where Willis left off and plan the may 13' canoe/ hiking trip he wanted to do . I have some ideas I'll post at a later date.

Chris, would you want company? I am thinking a little ADK rendezvous would be nice. But its your call. I think some of us might want to do something in honor of your uncle.

Suggestions?

Hiya Chris,

I am right down the road from you in Rochester. I head through Syr all the time on my way to the Adks. Count me in for the May rendezvous or any other trip. I concur with YC et al.

Back