• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Hello

Bob, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! Also, please consider adding your location to your profile, which will cause it to show under your avatar, as this is in many ways a geographic sport. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community.

Hey Bob! Looking forward to hearing about the trips in your area. I’ve been looking into the Coulonge myself.

Hey Bob... Welcome aboard.

What kind of canoe do you currently paddle?
Great question Canoe Trip. Presently iam canoeless. Ive been laid up with bad hips the last few years, and sold off all our canoes, except for the wife’s kayak. I had my first total hip replacement done last August. I have not had an issue or any pains from the day i came home. My second replacement is on March 09 2023. Add 12 weeks and its June 1st. Recovery schedule complete.
I have been doing so much research on all kinds of canoes. I have chosen two Finalists, the Nova Craft 15’ Prospector in TuffStuff Expedition, $4469. Or the Esquif 15’ Prospector in T-Formex, $2199. Both plus tax. I am sure there will be a Shiny new Red Esquif come June 1st.

What’s everyone else paddling?

For solo or tandem use? It was interesting Esquif's Huron 15 and Prospector 15 are same mold, just Huron cut down. I was very close to getting an Echo, but ended up with a Swift Prospector 14 pack. Weight was key since I trip That Prospector is beefy.

My good friend George is enduring, robust, boastful, and loud. I thought 2 knee replacements and a new hip would change him. Well, it certainly gave him better mobility, but there's been no slowdown to his bombastic behaviour. Although this high-volume outspoken character wears me down, his everlasting positivity picks me up again.
All in all, he's a good friend. I'd best describe him in his post-op recuperation as being in "rude health". One couldn't possibly ask for more.
I wish the same to you Bob. Heal well.

My wife had a hip replaced a couple of years ago and I paddle with several others who have been through it. They all feel it was well worth going through to end the pain and get on with things. Welcome and good luck getting back on the water come late spring.

Well again welcome to a pretty cool site.

I'm currently Paddling an Old Town Camper in Royalex

Always glad to hear when someone is on the mend and looking to get back out there. (it happened to me)

Ohhh boy a "New Canoe" and good taste in your finalist. My wish list, given the cash, would be Esquif 15’ Prospector in T-Formex.

For solo or tandem use? It was interesting Esquif's Huron 15 and Prospector 15 are same mold, just Huron cut down. I was very close to getting an Echo, but ended up with a Swift Prospector 14 pack. Weight was key since I trip That Prospector is beefy.
Bill Conner

Thanks eh, Solo all the way. This way I always go to the right places, hit all the good fishing spots, and the list goes on and on…

My good friend George is enduring, robust, boastful, and loud. I thought 2 knee replacements and a new hip would change him. Well, it certainly gave him better mobility, but there's been no slowdown to his bombastic behaviour. Although this high-volume outspoken character wears me down, his everlasting positivity picks me up again.
All in all, he's a good friend. I'd best describe him in his post-op recuperation as being in "rude health". One couldn't possibly ask for more.
I wish the same to you Bob. Heal well.
Odyssey,

thanks eh. Your friend George sounds very familiar.

My wife had a hip replaced a couple of years ago and I paddle with several others who have been through it. They all feel it was well worth going through to end the pain and get on with things. Welcome and good luck getting back on the water come late spring.
Canoefred,

thanks eh, I too have heard a lot of positive recovery’s out there. My first new hip was and still is amazing. Zero pain. And iam sure the second one will be the same. After suffering for years and years in pain, iam sure I will be hard to stop.

Back