• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from Upstate NY

Reaction score
Hi. Great community here.

I have been using a Hornbeck New Tricks 13 and New Tricks 14 over the last few years as my introduction to canoe tripping. I recently switched to a Placid Boatworks Spitfire 13. I haven't had the Spitfire 13 out on any overnights yet, but I have been enjoying it on day trips.

Sharing a few pictures. All in NY. Enjoy.

Long Lake

20200925_102900.jpg

Slang Pond

20201018_070543.jpg

Indian Lake

20220611_175333.jpg

20220613_052444.jpg

20220613_053220.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to site membership, WB! Picturesque first post. We look forward to your participation in our canoe community. Please consider adding your location to your profile, so it shows up under your avatar.

Welcome! Also upstate - Clayton. (Just voted Best Small Town Cultural Scene - https://www.wwnytv.com/2022/06/17/clayton-wins-national-contest/)

Hey, I grew up near #10 on that list!

Welcome. I recognize that Slang Pond picture- campsite #1. Great photos!

You got it! Great site. We were there in late October, so weren't able to take advantage of the cliff and swimming area. I would go back. It would be a fun site in the middle of the summer.

Welcome, great pics. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Thank you! Will see you around.

Welcome! I know some of those lakes. I used to spend summers in the ADKs.

Thanks for the photos.

Welcome, WB
I’m also upstate, Schenectady, or so my address says, I’m actually in the town of colonie

Nice pics, I’m assuming you have more than a phone camera?

Welcome, WB
I’m also upstate, Schenectady, or so my address says, I’m actually in the town of colonie

Nice pics, I’m assuming you have more than a phone camera?

I know Schenectady. I haven't been there in a while, but I get down there now and then to play disc golf in Central Park. It's a nice disc golf course.

Mr. Hotaling, my high school photography teacher, would be flattered - those are handheld shots with phone cameras. The first two are with a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, and the others are with a Samasung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.

Bill, my wife will be in Clayton tonight. She just landed in Syracuse. Our niece’s husband has a few houses on one of the big islands. I love the area. Unfortunately I’m working south of Albany at a camp and can’t get there for a while.

Wolfmans brother, not sure why but I think of the DJ Wolfman Jack and wonder if your related to him?
From a downstater here who thankfully got into paddling later than never.
I’m setting up a Maine trip, check it out. Yes it’s far but once I got a taste of places I’d like to explore more.
I too have a placid boat, Rapidfire. I had an old classic Hornbeck and sold that a few years ago. Nice little boat but I had a few to many. Haha. Some will say never enough. Best to all

I can see the Wolfman Jack connection - I get that all the time - but no, not related that I know of. :)

WB is my homage to a little band from Vermont that I like. They wrote a song called Wolfman's Brother, and they have a few other cool songs too.

Back