• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Hello from New Orleans, LA

G

Hi everyone, I've been around canoes since I was a little kid in various rivers and lakes! I recently decided to get back into it with an interest in doing camping trips and fishing local waterways that have 'no engine' rules. Currently I have an old 18' Northrop Grumman That's been in my family since it was new. It was beat up when I saved it from my parent's barn last month (where it's been for the last 10 years - at least - in favor of other boats) and even had a few holes in it. I welded it up and decided it desperately needed something for paint (first pic is after priming it). I made a handful of stencils and alternated colors and orientations to make the camo pattern. I think it came out well.

It's first trip out was a fishing trip in Bayou Jean Lafitte with my friend in the photo below (who had never been in a canoe before). I find myself using it enough now that I never take the rack off my truck.

canoe1.jpgcanoe2.jpgCanoe.jpg

I can say I have the only camouflage canoe in the city's park - you should see the hate from the Kayakers!

Hi There, Nice job on the paint, you need to camo the cooler for proper effect.

"I find myself using it enough now that I never take the rack off my truck."

I like that.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Any etoufee fixin's collected during your bayou cruise?

How are things in NOLA?

dd

No etoufee fixins, but we did catch some sac a lait.

NOLA is actually doing well, tourism feels like it's back where it should be and the city is moving to get the last of the undeveloped (storm damaged) houses sold off with the stipulation you must build/rebuild. If the weather would make up its mind things would be perfect, but that's just normal for this city.

Welcome from the "Ankle" of the LA boot, Beauregard Parish. I'm about 20 miles from the Sabine.

Welcome to here. As a n00b, I look forward to your posts along with everybody else's. Also, as a person who makes his living in paint and coatings, that is one mighty fine looking paint job you have on that canoe! Greetings from the ever cold new england reagion to you.

Back