• Happy National Bugs Bunny Day (1938)!❓⬆️👨🏼‍⚕️

Happy Thanksgiving

Reaction score
Just a quick post to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on Canoe Tripping.net Thanks for a great site. :):cool:

Back at you Greywolf, and everyone else.

And yeah, thanks Robin! You have a thicker skin then me, that's for sure.

It is the best holiday of the year. I smoked some trout with alder last night, and made some cranberry salsa. Next I will be baking some Italian herb bread for my Italian host. He has one of the nicest houses in the State on 4 acres next to a large wildlife refuge. We will be sitting by the fire looking at Mt Rose.

I urge everyone here to incorporate the outdoors into your holiday plans. Build a fire tonight in the backyard after dinner. Spend tomorrow hiking with family and friends.

We got dumped on here, about 16" over the heavy white stuff, just got the snow off the dish enough to get some internet service after 2 days of limbo. Had a nice Thanksgiving with my son, big weekend planned with the family.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

We lost power for about 36 hours, Cowboy coffee on the kitchen gas stove and used an old Coleman Box Oven on the wood stove to bake two pies.

Thanksgiving meal was spent at the Fire Station powered by a large generator with lot of friends. The power came back as we got done with the cleanup.

Back