• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

Hacking

G

This website has been hacked into or infected in some way. When a page loads, I see a bunch of questionable URLs flash by on the bottom left of the screen. At least one has the .ru suffix. I have good virus and malware protection (Avast!) but I'm concerned about other folks.

I'm not seeing this. I am running Ad blocker though.

For me this site is very clean. At the minimum when we post e mail links we ought to be careful not to post them as they actually are typed.

I think your best recourse would be to run your concern by the site admin. I can paddle a whole bunch better than I understand computers and I think you would feel better knowing something from someone in the computer know.

You are right Gavia. Funny because I was going to make a post about this. I am having slightly different symptoms. Sometimes when I load the page and go to click a thread it automatically redirects me to another spam site.

Wow ... I'm not getting redirects, but I see the URLs, which indicate other sites are accessing the page. Your experience is an example of my concerns.

Braggart. :)

(I'm planning to convert to an iMac partly for this reason, partly because of Microsoft and its loony memory mis-management system.)

I am running Windows 7 dumbware and missing the fun. Not bragging here at all. Maybe there is something I am missing?

When first visited tonight the site redricted me to some very strange sites. This will happen even on a apple product. Now if you really want to be safe on the internet try using linux.;) No need for fancy overpriced hardware that will take money from your real love. CANOES. Ok maybe wife/hubby then canoe. :eek: Ok now after starting a flame war. why would any one want to corrupt this site?

It is Demarcus. He is seeking revenge for no one wanting to please share with him dude......

I wasn't being a braggart, I was just stating an observation.

I have an iMac, MacBook Air, iPad, 2 AppleTV's and an Airport Extreme 2TB Time Capsule, that's bragging. ;)

I guess I am as dumb as you all are about computers. Me dumb: I don't see the problem. You can't fix the problem that I believe you genuinely have. Just reinforces why I am not into website maintenance. Canoe paddling is simple. Push on this and that happens. Pull on that and this happens.

I have no idea either why anyone is interested in our arcane persona. Unless its Mr Smith who contacted me last week about buying "Canoe Paddle" any amount.

I wasn't being a braggart, I was just stating an observation.

I have an iMac, MacBook Air, iPad, 2 AppleTV's and an Airport Extreme 2TB Time Capsule, that's bragging. ;)

Don't pick on me for the number of canoes I have. I have a Netbook and I phone and paper cup with a string...The canoes aren't being hacked. That IMO is what matters.

It is Demarcus. He is seeking revenge for no one wanting to please share with him dude......

You might be right, there has been some cleaver activity recently and it's way over my head. Hopefully this can be worked out. I'm not sure what to advise, my VIPRE is blocking it, but I don't want anyone else to have problems so a shutdown of the site is not out of the question.

Shutting down the site doesn't make sense to me. I would think that an effective blocking program would be sufficient. But I don't know enough about website management to say any more than this.

I really don't understand all this stuff; what kind of fun can it be to screw with a site like this one? I too was shunted off to some site I never saw before, but where is the gain in doing that?

And while I'm asking questions I don't expect an answer to; What's up with that Miley Cyrus girl? The last time I saw anybody hang their tongue out that far, she was a cute little thing called "Bluebell" and gave somewhere near two and a half to three gallons of milk a day.
Back when I was allowed such things; if any of my girls friends had done that I'd have figured that they were either choking to death or gone rabid. And now they think it's sexy?

Robin, as you investigate this problem and develop an idea of what kind of Anti-Virus program is needed to combat what ever is happening; look for one that can track the problem back to the source and has an option of sending a muscle guy with a baseball bat to pay a house call. I'm sure there are enough of us who'd pony up for such satisfaction.

Best Wishes,

Rob

You are right Gavia. Funny because I was going to make a post about this. I am having slightly different symptoms. Sometimes when I load the page and go to click a thread it automatically redirects me to another spam site.
This is exactly what it was doing to me earlier. I was going to post about it when I had time (after supper). Dave

Come to think of it, earlier was at work during break time on their computer . I haven't had this happen on my home computer.

Last edited:
Back