• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Greetings from Spudland.

Reaction score
Same Steve in Idaho from P-net and Solotripping here. Nice to see a site to turn to after the demise of Solotripping. Thanks again, Murat, for pointing me to this site!

I see some familiar names and faces here!

Glad to see you made it over here, Steve. Looking forward to some pics and videos from your neck of the woods.

Well Hooray ! So glad to hear from you! Are you going to regale us with reports of your wonderful poling trips up the wild rivers of Idaho? I remember you were planning a big one just about when Solotripping sank under us.
Now, if we could only find Old Rockenpoler (I know he was just a little bit naughty) but I miss him and his adventures!
Great to hear from you Steve, the longer you were missing I begin to fear the worst. I knew you didn't sell your canoe and buy a jet ski, it was only a vicious rumor!!
Best Wishes, Rob

ORP is here I believe..Hazard Harry!! Now who are we still missing? Oops that ought to be another thread, though we come from Spudland II

Steve, I was just thinking of you the other day while reading a polling post. Glad you found the place. How bout a trip report with some of those beautiful pictures of your neck of the woods. You must have had some adventures last summer.

Every time one of the old gang shows up it feels great. Dave

Welcome!

(is it just me, or does it feel like all of us took a collective tumble into the river, and are now greeting the survivors as they pull themselves out to dry around the fire?)

Welcome!

(is it just me, or does it feel like all of us took a collective tumble into the river, and are now greeting the survivors as they pull themselves out to dry around the fire?)

Some people took pretty long swims!! :)

Yes, Good to see ya Steve, I was hoping you would find the site, and share some of your poling experiences from out west. I always enjoyed those pics and your video was very good, Welcome.

How about the guy from Europe, Gaphank (?) , he made a really nice poling video and I always enjoyed his tripping style. Anybody know his email? Maybe over at Song of The Paddle?

Welcome!

No Seeker, it's not just you. I feel the same way. It's strange because I've only met a hand full of you in person but I feel like I know many of you. When it became apparent that the other site wasn't coming back I felt a real sense of loss. Getting the gang reassembled feels good. Dave

For you that are wondering, the "gang" is from solotripping.com which expired last May. Some folks have felt lost.This site was developed with the objective of collecting all canoe (and kayak I think) trippers experience, not just soloists. Some of us aren't "pure soloists" and wanted to share group canoe trip experiences, and we might have felt uncomfortable doing that on a solo site. This site has been around for at least three years but just recently picked up interest and some more mighty fine company?

That's why on the home page, the message is for all canoe trippers whether you like tripping with others or by yourself or both!

Last edited:
Well, it's nice to be thought of and great to get back in touch with you all!

... You must have had some adventures last summer.

To my disappointment, last summer was a bit of a bust. Weather, family, wildfires, etc. Hoping to make up for it this year.

Back