• Happy National Nurses Day! 🛌👩‍⚕💉💊🎉

Greetings from northern NH

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Dave from Bartlett,NH. Originally from Maine, I'm a Maine Guide, and a big fan of wood/canvas canoes, (currently own 9). I enjoy canoe tripping and have a soft spot for the older traditional style of tripping. I also enjoy maintaining, repairing, and building wood/canvas canoes and am currently working on a real "basket case" of a 20' E.M. White.

Hi Dave, Welcome, lots of WC folks here. I'm headed back to Lows Lake in NY's ADK's last week of October, wood canvas canoe, canvas wall tent with a stove for a week big woods deer hunt.
Post some pics of the EM White, great canoes.

Dave. The NH Chapter of WCHA is forming; in case you were not aware. First meeting next Saturday at 10 AM at Chocorua Lake in Tamworth. I'm looking forward to canvas on the water! Some color might be there! Paddle, potluck lunch and chapter planning.] on the agenda.

No such thing as a basket case w/c canoe, unless it is mostly not there. Welcome, pull up a chair next to the fire and I'll throw some old ribs on to get it going well. White cedar is great kindling.

I've replaced 36 of 49 ribs, two new stems, and looks like I'll be replacing most of the planking. Forgot to mention one new thwart and new seats. Lots of kindling for the campfire.

Welcome Dave, I was just up in your neck of the woods! I spent a couple of days fly fishing around Pitsburg and Errol with a friend. We go up 2-3 times a year, beautiful area!

Back