• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

GRB Rambler Solo Canoe, $1700

Reaction score
Grasse River Boatworks Rambler Solo Canoe, 13 feet long, 30 inch max width, 27 inch at the gunnels, 16/12/14. Full carbon layup, 24 pounds. 2021 build. Not a scratch on it. Arthritis now requires me to alternate between sitting and kneeling, so sadly the Rambler must ramble on. $1700

Attachments

• DSC01612.JPG
    DSC01612.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 52
GRB/Newman is well known in the racing circles, but he builds his rec boats to the same quality standards.
Brothers Gene and John Newman, near Canton NY have long built wood strip canoes, before building carbon hulls including the iconic "Slenda Glenda" voyageur, a veteran of and still seen in many Adirondack 90 miler races, as well as more than one larger stripper built to handle the Yukon Races. They also make excellent very lightweight carbon fiber paddles, the main local competition for the more commonly seen ZRE paddles that are made in the southern part of NYS. Gene is now building and continues himself racing carbon C4 racers as well as a range of other quality lighweights designed for cruising and recreation.

Arthritis now requires me to alternate between sitting and kneeling, so sadly the Rambler must ramble on. $1700

Is the issue the kneeling or sitting? I'm interested in knowing how high that pedestal is and whether it is kneelable (for someone without arthritis). On the website for that canoe, GRB says there is a "kneeling option", whatever that means.

Is the issue the kneeling or sitting? I'm interested in knowing how high that pedestal is and whether it is kneelable (for someone without arthritis). On the website for that canoe, GRB says there is a "kneeling option", whatever that means.
The issue is both: arthritis now in my lower back as well as knees, hands, etc. The sliding bucket seat is 6.5 inches off the floor, the GRB kneeling option is a kneeling thwart in place of the sliding bucket. While some folks are able to kneel in sliding buckets (such as Wenonah), I must kneel with ankles crossed to take pressure off meniscus scarring in my knees. Thank-you for your interest.

Still trying to find a home for this boat, just sitting on a rack getting dusty. Price is now $1500, but I'm open to offers.

Back