• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Fundraiser Raffle Prize List

G

I am taking this to a separate thread, so it is easier to update and keep track of. I know everyone has enjoyed the fundraiser raffles that Robin and Doug conducted in years past. Especially the video draws.

Same give-Doug-an-Admin-break raffle design as last year:

I’m in, with the same scheme as last year – a Canoe Tripping donatee offers a raffle prize, with the proviso that the donatee is responsible for contacting the raffle winner for their address and shipping the prize.

It’s enough to ask Doug to keep track of donatee names, and the names of raffle participants who want to be included in the drawing, match up the donatee with the winner and video the names drawn from the Almighty Coffee pot. And try to pronounce anonymous.

In years past there have been anonymous prize donatees, and folks who have contributed to the fundraiser asking not to be included in the raffle. All freewheeling good again this year by me.

To help keep track of raffle prizes offered so far:

Boatman53 has some mystery things. Cool beans, love a mystery, we should have more of those surprises.

Cooke Custom Sewing offered a 10 x 12 1.1 Silicon Tundra Tarp
http://www.cookecustomsewing.com/tundratarp.htm

PaddlingPitt a book (with autographed inscription?)
https://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Oop...+cupcakes&qid=1580838584&s=books&sr=1-1-fkmr0

I’m in for two easily mailed DIY prizes. A multicolor tarp or campsite flag, along with a red flag with reflective tape for canoe stern, and probably some mystery stuff in the box.

P9021194 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P9131222 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

And a custom made dry bag, sized for a sleeping pad or camp chair.

P7301069 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

P7301071 by Mike McCrea, on Flickr

Dry bag winner sends me the dimensions and I’ll make one, a little wider and longer, just to be on the safe side. Or - their choice – I’ll mail enough heat sealable fabric to DIY a couple different bags.

Odyssey is in for some very cool (pre-shrunk XL) Mad River, Chestnut and Morris tee shirts. I might still fit in a pre-shrunk XL.

I will try to keep a running tally of raffle prizes offered on this thread. “Amanmonamous” donatees can contact Doug directly, or PM me and I’ll leave your name out of it.

I love the community participation aspect of the raffle drawing. Even if Memaquay wins again.

I'm donating a Purcell Trench grill to the raffle. I was going to tie some custom flies but I'm smack dab in the middle of my favorite time of year for paddling and it's hockey season. The grille seems more canoe tripping appropriate.

Cheers.
Barry

I’ll offer up a measured drawing of either a Kennebec, a Peterborough, or a Wilber Wheelock Canoe. Choose one. All are black line prints 24”x36” in size. Included is enough info to build from if someone wanted to. I’ll see if I can get some picks this evening.
Jim

Let’s see Click image for larger version  Name:	17-wood-and-canvas-edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	352.2 KB ID:	104189 if this works here is an example of the Kennebec Canoe.
Jim

and the Peterborough Canoe.

Peterborough-canoe-edit1.jpg

Last edited:
Raffle Prize Update

I’d love to win a handmade, white cedar spoon!

Me too.

Eeesh, I volunteered to keep track of the raffle prized folks have generously offered. Better start a list.

Boatman53 – Kennebec, a Peterborough, or Wilber Wheelock Canoe drawings. Man cave art even if you are not a builder.

Dan Cooke/Cooke Custom Sewing – 10 x 12 Sil-nylon Tundra Tarp

Paddling Pitt – a copy of Franklin, Oops, Mud & Cupcake: Canoeing the Coppermine, Seal, Anderson & Snowdrift Rivers in Northern Canada

Waterdog – a Purcell Trench grill

Odyssey – Old Town, Chestnut, Mad River or Morris logo tee shirt

McCrea – #1, multicolor tarp flag and red overhang flag, and #2, a custom sized dry bag

Sweetfancymoses – Yoke Pads

Snapper – Hand carved white cedar spoon

Anonymous – A Participation Award. Everyone’s a winner!

If I missed anyone or anything let fly. Those are some outstanding raffle prizes already.

Last edited:
"Donatee"? I'd like to donate the word "donor".

And become one.

I'll donate an unopened Amazon Echo Dot, which can "add Alexa to any room". I have no idea what any of that is, means or does, but I doubt it has anything to do with canoeing, although the cylindrical shape possibly could serve as a coaster to hold a Sierra Cup filled with grog.

I received this inscrutable thing as a gift when I signed up for SiriusXM radio and it's been sitting unopened in a box in my bedroom ever since.

Please don't accept being a donee of this donated donation from this donor if you, like me, are averse to dubious techno-gimmicks. I don't want to waste my money shipping this doodad to someone who, like me, will just leave it sitting unused in their unsmart home.

And become one.

I'll donate an unopened Amazon Echo Dot, which can "add Alexa to any room". I have no idea what any of that is, means or does, but I doubt it has anything to do with canoeing, although the cylindrical shape possibly could serve as a coaster to hold a Sierra Cup filled with grog.

I received this inscrutable thing as a gift when I signed up for SiriusXM radio and it's been sitting unopened in a box in my bedroom ever since.

Please don't accept being a donee of this donated donation from this donor if you, like me, are averse to dubious techno-gimmicks. I don't want to waste my money shipping this doodad to someone who, like me, will just leave it sitting unused in their unsmart home.

We need a "lol" button in addition to the "like" button on this forum.

And become one.

I'll donate an unopened Amazon Echo Dot, which can "add Alexa to any room".

Glenn, I started to type donor but it somehow sounded like people were giving up kidneys or corneas. And “donatee” is completely backwards, meaning the recipient. Donatoree? Donationisht?

Like you I am averse to techno- gimmickry, but I looked up the Echo Dot (Alexa) and it sounds like a decent little speaker even if used for no other wizardry. I would trust that you have not rigged it as a recording device that activates whenever the name “Glenn” is muttered.

I have not tampered with the mystical Echo Dot nor debauched the virginal Alexa . . . but I can't speak for Jeff Bezos, who packaged the sexy bribe and who right now, as we navel gaze, could be buying South America with some loose pocket change.

Raffle Prize Update

I don’t know where we are on reaching the fundraising goal, but the raffle prize list thus far has some fine stuff. heck, I want everything offered, which is why I sent Doug 50 checks for $1 each. (I would, but it’s too much work writing out 50 checks)

Boatman53 – Kennebec, a Peterborough, or Wilber Wheelock Canoe drawings.

Dan Cooke/Cooke Custom Sewing – 10 x 12 Sil-nylon Tundra Tarp [h=1][/h] [h=1]Paddling Pitt – a copy of Franklin, Oops, Mud & Cupcake: Canoeing the Coppermine, Seal, Anderson & Snowdrift Rivers in Northern Canada[/h] [h=1][/h] [h=1]Waterdog – a Purcell Trench grill[/h] [h=1][/h] [h=1]Odyssey – Old Town, Chestnut, Mad River or Morris logo tee shirt[/h]
McCrea – #1, multicolor tarp flag and red overhang flag, and #2, a custom sized dry bag

Sweetfancymoses – Yoke Pads

Snapper – Hand carved white cedar spoon

Anonymous – A Participation Award. Everyone’s a winner!

Glenn MacGrady – Amazon Echo Dot

I’ll sweeten that prize pot one more time with a mystery box of oft-used outfitting items, kept in bulk-ordered abundance in shop stock. Pad eyes, lashing hooks, strap grommets

http://topkayaker.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_133&products_id=137

http://topkayaker.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=425

http://topkayaker.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_74&products_id=898

Add a handful of DIY’ed webbing loops with melt-sealed holes for 3/16” machine screw ends, maybe a couple vinyl pad D-rings, or line cleats. All handy in boat outfitting customization.

Back