• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

The Raffle for 2020

Reaction score
dang, I wish I could put my name into the raffle. This year you folks put out some more the desirable items for the raffle. Today I finally pulled it off and here are the results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpGtHAzGang

I have a compiled list of folks who offered prizes and the winners so if anyone needs info just let me know.

Thank you all for keeping this going!

dougd

Woke up in the dark this morning and crawled out of bed, put the coffee on and stood in the kitchen looking out the window at the moonshine splashing across the yard. Cracked open the back door and let the cold air whisper through the screen door, somewhere across the wood I heard an owl softly call just as the neighbourhood birds were waking up. Felt a tug at my sleeve and found a friend, one of several family mutts we're happily minding for the weekend. We two stood on the porch to greet the dawn, and I was thinking of you Doug. Today the clocks changed as the seasons shift but the same sun comes up in the east; the bond between man and faithful friend never grows old. Hoping your days grow longer and brighter and keep heading that way.
Thanks for the raffle. I love that coffee pot.

Last edited:
Woohoo! Well executed Doug! I’m a member of two other forums, BWCA and a Jeep forum. I visit the Jeep forum for tech and here for the campfire vibe mostly. The Jeep forum is an advertisement machine and sometimes intolerable. So I greatly appreciate the community support in keeping this place going ad free and Doug’s gift of time. Thanks for everyone’s support!

Prizes! The best for me is seeing Robin Beavertail Lauer win the First Annual Golden Otter Award. :cool: Next....Mike I’ll have to see what the best use of a custom bag would be, I’m on the road a lot this week so look forward to the mental challenge, I don’t want to squander my choice, i have a lot gear that could use such a prize and I rarely win anything.

Finally Jason L. PM me your address and I’ll get that grill out your way. I actually have some projects to inspect in E. Patchogue and East Meadow but it won’t be till Summer sometime.

Cheers Everyone,
Barry

Last edited:
Doug - Thanks for doing all of this on our behalf. It's greatly appreciated.

Waterspyder - Feel free to PM me your address and I'll get the spoon to you this week. Hope you get to enjoy many meals with it on future adventures.

Robin - Congrats on a well deserved honor. If it weren't for you, none of us would be here so thank you for all you did to make this community possible.

And a huge thanks to everyone who contributed their time and talents to the raffle. Your generosity is a testament to the type of folks you'll find in the paddling community. I hope everyone gets to enjoy their raffle prizes for years to come.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I love that coffee pot -- Thanks Snapper for the wooden spoon.
My wife asked me what I was so happy about and I told her I won in a raffle. So she naturally asks "What did you win?" I reply "a wooden spoon" She looked at me like I'm nuts and walked away. There are just some things she'll never understand.

BOOOO HOOOO HOOOOO !
Heavy Sobbing !

I'll just have to wait until next year ! :(:(:(

Thanks Doug and All how donated prizes !

Jim

PS ! Next year put some double sided tape on my ticket ! :rolleyes:

Great job Doug, and Thanks to all who donated those great gifts. I feel honored to have won the first “Otter” award, it will be given a place of honor in my little shop and I will always be reminded of what great friends I have here at Canoetripping.

Thanks

That was too much fun to watch just once, I’m at 3x and counting.

No one likes a braggart.....but...for those of you who haven't been around forever, I already won several MAJOR AWARDS from canoetripping.

Mem has now won a participation medallion, something to wear with his other backcountry costumes. When it arrives please jump around the house shouting “A Minor Award, a Minor Award!”

I’m curious about the “Purell” Trench grill, does it sanitize your hands while cooking?

Mark and Waterdog, please PM me your mailing addresses. And an E-mail-Gmail contact, so we can talk mystery box contents, and custom dry bag dimensions.

Waterdog, I’ll be making another batch of custom dry bags in the next week or so for Chip’s camp chairs, and again in April when Joel passes through. If you prefer I can just send you a yard of material (and an example template) and you can iron a couple of your own. Once you have made one the world becomes your custom dry bag oyster.

Busy weekend so just looking at this now.
What a hoot Doug!

Thanks to all who donated gifts- I'm a winner!!!-and thanks to all who donated to keep this breath of fresh air on the internet alive and thriving!
Note coming your way, Odyssey, with address. I'm a Chestnut guy....

Bruce

Well Pook, you are not last!
Thanks Doug, and
thanks to the donors, and everyone who sent somthing in to keep 'er going. Like many others here I am just glad to read through the threads and learn. Water dog has me talked into campfire cooking!

My twig stove will jealous! (And my hands clean!)

Jason

Back