• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

East coasters ...

Reaction score
For all of you struggling with the massive snow event ... please know you are in our prayers. We will keep good thoughts for you, hope of power returning soon ... safety to all.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, I keep trying to think "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" but my body is telling me I'm getting too old for this stuff and I sure don't feel any stronger. --- Ray

We are not at home but there the roads were opened up fast, we have a plow service as snow is a given and we have great neighbors who shoveled our walkway.. so two feet is no deal at all.

We stopped in CT on the shoreline at my daughters house. Her town is a mess. Public works has insufficient plows and manpower and now three days later many streets are either unplowed or one lane only. Plus there is a lot of street flooding. I 95 has one lane open in this area.
We spent the afternoon shoveling her driveway. She is away on company business and her husband has not been able to leave his emergency medical services job since the storm. What a mess. 34 inches of pure cement. (that was the snowfall total..its settled a bit to just heavy blocks..good for igloos maybe..)

No power loss here. No power loss at home either..but in Maine most people have standby generators. And snow removal is far easier as its either rural or in urban areas , parking bans go into effect right before the storm. The usual delaying culprit of cars stuck in or parked on streets blocking plows simply does not happen. From what I understand, life was normal Saturday afternoon, despite three feet of snow(amounts varied tween two and three feet). Not so in Connecticut. School is out again tomorrow.

I am not much enjoying driving in the fog that happens when the air is warmish and the snow melting.

Back