• Happy Launch of Lewis & Clark Expedition (1804)! 🧭🏞🏞️

Duluth Pack, big sale!

I have flown around Denali a lot in Super Cubs and Helio Couriers back in my salmon counting days. Never landed on the mountain or gotten the mountain climbing bug, I do have friends that have done it though. Those suitcases are pretty nice, my wife has some, work great on sidewalks, airports and tar roads. Not so good off road nor as the case in Sweden, on a cobble stone streets. When I get to old to hoist a canoe pack onto my back, I may try the wheelie things or by that time I just might have to stay at home or in the "HOME". Maybe when in Minnesota this fall I should shop for a small Duluth pack that is urn sized for that final portage.
......BB

I'm sure your # 3 travels better than my #4 would. When fully loaded it doesn't fit through doorways:). Trips that require a pack sound like more of an adventure than ones only needing a suitcase

Duluth has upped the ante (discount) by 15% more on some select packs...Originals, Utility, Paul Bunyan, Food Pack, etc. Not all packs, sizes, colors apparently. Sale good through September 17, certainly even a sweeter deal than what was originally offered and hopefully in the style, size and color that you might have been on the fence about.

Duluth has upped the ante (discount) by 15% more on some select packs...Originals, Utility, Paul Bunyan, Food Pack, etc. Not all packs, sizes, colors apparently. Sale good through September 17, certainly even a sweeter deal than what was originally offered and hopefully in the style, size and color that you might have been on the fence about.

I think the higher discount is in store only.

In my inbox this morning...35% off Duluth Packs and apparel.

No doubt the sale is time limited and probably has some time limitations and some items probably are not eligible, but a quick glance showed many packs that were. Good deal if you are looking and thinking...free shipping offer to, over $100.

'when you've got to trust somebody, make it eddie bauer...'

Since Eddie died or sold out I call them Elaine Bauer, a great place to outfit a urban woman.

Back in the day, Eddie Bauer had some down gear that was high on my list...but for the last 20+ years they definetely went the upper income lifestyle route. And the mass market shopping mall and outlet mall route...no surprise as that is where corporate sales growth and profit necessarily is*. Shareholder demand for increased revenues drives everything, including the old stalwarts.

The past 5-8 years they have made some decent stabs at re-entering the climbing and backpacking outdoor market with good clothing lines, but not much in the hard gear end that I have seen.

*Add to that, REI, EMS, MEC, LL Beans, Cabelas (Duluth too, of course) all to some extent...our market of paddlers, campers, outdoor folks is just too darn small, specialized, etc. And demanding!

I got a call from Duluth Pack today. I had sent my "Deluxe Day Pack" back for repairs. She said it's been a while since they made the "Deluxe" with a leather front on the front pouch, leather bottom and leather straps. I think I have had the pack for about 30 years, and during the last 20 years at work I used it as an overnight bag. I have used it on many trips too. It works as an excellent food pack with two Seal Lines bags inside for waterproofing.
They will get $60 to remove the front pouch, and sew a new canvas front on the pack, then sew the old leather pouch back on, then ship it back.
That's a fair deal imo.

Attachments

• photo8413.jpg
    photo8413.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8414.jpg
    photo8414.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo8415.jpg
    photo8415.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
Awesome looking pack Robin! I have a Duluth #4 which Is big enough to carry all of my gear plus the kitchen sink.....It was perfect when i was bringing Scouts and other youth groups up to the Boundary Waters because i always wound up hauling back up gear for everyone.....I have been seriously considering downsizing packs, because I find myself still packing a lot of junk that I really don

Last edited:
Back