• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

colorado

G

I've done a fair bit of searching and could not find a lot to answer my questions so I'll ask here. Was wondering if anybody knew of canoeing destinations in Colorado, preferably southern Colorado, that didn't have a lot of white water. My wife and I don't really want to play with that, too old and not enough experience. We would like to do some rivers as we can go to lakes here in Kansas but lakes are good too. Maybe overnight don't know how into it she would be but day trips would be .
Thanks
Paul

Here are some suggestions from the Rocky Mountain Canoe Club - all with Class I or less

Arkansas River - Florence to Pueblo Reservoir (Says I+ - twisty strainers)- 1 day
Colorado River - Dotsero to Hanging Lake 1 day three small rapids; New Castle to Silt (.7 days) I+; Cisco Landing to Dewey Bridge I (Beautiful section - in Utah above Moab)

S. Platte - Brighton to Ft. Lupton; Evans to Kersey Kuner (Both Class I but have to portage around some dams. Each section is a day trip.

That's about it for Colorado - As for Utah, the Green River from Green River Utah to the confluence of the Colorado is the "premier" float trip in the west. Two sections, each about 3-4 days. Check with outfitters in Green River & Moab for shuttles

Thanks for the information, looking forward to some water time.
Paul

Back