• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Chiniguichi 2022 l A Fall Canoeing Adventure

Thanks Gamma. I really can't take any credit for the photography. It was my first trip with my father-in-law. He was the one that got me into canoe tripping. I grew up hunting and fishing but most times these were day excursions or cabin affairs. My wife and I have been on numerous canoe trips since we got together over a decade ago.

I briefly visted your site and read through your Boundary Waters trip. Great post. If I understand correctly Boundary Waters is the American side of the Canadian Quetico park. I have been meaning to travel there for quite some time. Did you run into many paddlers on your journey?

I'm glad you enjoyed the story (it's also posted on this site), I enjoyed writing it almost as much as being there.

Yes, BWCA is the American side of the border adjacent to Quetico. I saw people but they weren't behind every bush. My understanding, going in, was to go before Memorial day or after Labor day and do one or two hard portages to get away from the crowds. There were a few days on the Frost & Kawishiwi rivers where people were extremely scarce. Even elsewhere, if you ran into anyone, it was at portages. (The whole place probably gets busier as the summer wears on and everything outdoors is busier since covid). I'd definitely go again.

I will definitely have to check out BWCA and Quetico at some point. We definitely like to trip after Labor Day, no bugs, less people, and cooler weather. Sounds like a good fit.

Back