• Happy International Museum Day!🏛️ 🖼️🏺

Carp 'B' Gone

Reaction score
I used to see hundreds of carp. Splashing against my canoe, stirring up the muddy bottom, knowing there was hundreds of them and only one of me, they knew who was boss on the lake. So I got me a bow for bowfishing carp. Took it out today with the canoe to get me some carp. And of course, I dont see not 1 carp. What the....? Seriously? I paddle all day and dont see any carp?

I like your attitude, sorta like "when life gives you lemons make lemon aid". Maybe you now need a T-shirt like the one I saw that reads "women love me and fish fear me".

Head for the Big Sioux River in Iowa. The Asian Carp can't wait to jump in your canoe ! Especially if it's Aluminum !

Jim

You must have missed the mating season. Yes, that's the time when you're paddling along in a nice, quiet stream, noting the great blue herons, various ducks, songbirds, etc., and it's quieter than a pharaoh's tomb, and suddenly the water right next to you explodes and you nearly dump the boat. That's carp season.

O a carp. O crap.
Its been eons since I have seen one. Not around here. But I remember our first canoe outing with our very own Grumman on Seneca Canal in NY. A few carp scared the bejeezus out of me. These days I'd probably have an MI. My Pelican case falling over yesterday made me almost dump the canoe.

Back