• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Canvas vest and mitts

Reaction score
I never win anything, but I entered a contest by a small company from New Brunswick, Canada, Full Tang Outfitters. Yup, I won, he asked me what material I wanted and I asked for canvas. So I received my items and I couldn’t be more pleased. The vest fits great, and the mitts are Canvas, lined and have deer hide palms.

I have worn the vest every day since I got it, actually I’m breaking it in like a nice canvas canoe pack, and those mitts will keep my hands warm this winter here in Maine.
BE4A066C-CF66-40A2-B9E4-88CA293347F6.jpeg

E895E567-8E2A-4D14-BD1C-B8DF09B8117B.jpeg 431FC1DB-B17E-4F69-8B2F-5FC59C24111B.jpeg

Really nice looking stuff! I want to make a tweed lined canvas vest one of these days!!

Website doesn't appear to be fully functional yet but it does exist.

Didn't know it but these guys are close by, about 30 min outside of Fredericton. I've actually dealt with the owner on a couple occasions, Great guy and easy to deal with.

The fun part is I had an old piece of canvas that came from a previous employee of the Chestnut company, too short for a canoe but in excellent shape, When these guys were starting out, the owner purchased it off me stating he would be making bushcraft items. Could be possible that Robins vest was made of authentic "Chestnut" canvas and dyed green, Not likely but that would be a nice added touch :)

Last edited:
Could be possible that Robins vest was made of authentic "Chestnut" canvas and dyed green, Not likely but that would be a nice added touch :)

well Jamie, that’s pretty cool, and I’m going with that, my next campfire story will include how my vest is made from authentic Chestnut canoe company canvas. Who knew?

I have been wearing Filson canvas vests to work in since the 1970s. I wore an orange one during hunting season, which in Wyo was Aug through Dec.
Plenty of pockets and a pocket across the back for a clipboard and lunch.

Robin - Thanks for sharing your new gear. The vest & mitts look like quality construction so it's nice to know items like that are available. Looks like I'll need to check them out. I'm not in need of another vest but those mitts have definitely grabbed my attention.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

Useful looking gear...., but that background really highlights it!

Is that the Fox replica? Western red cedar planking over white cedar ribs?

Back