• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Canoetripping Trivia Challenge

Reaction score
Since the "laughter is the best medicine" topic seems to have run its course it seems like the time to start a new diversion. So here goes the tripping trivia challenge. Simple rules the trivia must be canoe or tripping related and in order to post a trivia question you must honestly answer the previous trivia question. The answer to your trivia question must be something that could be found by searching on the internet using the hints you have provided so no trivia asking for example the name of the pond in your backyard. Here is the first trivia question which I've made easy to get the challenge started. Name the boy scout camp on Lows Lake (Adirondacks) and tell who it was named after.

Who can keep up? Cut and pasted from a long ago CEW list, with the more recent Keewaydins and other hulls added, but probably not up to date, so I failed the challenge and don’t get the next question.

DY's Commercially produced hulls

Tubbs: [1] Minuteman

Curtis: [10] Solo tripper, Vagabond, Nomad, MayFly, LadyBug, BlueGill, DragonFly, Companion, NorthStar, CrossFire II.

Sawyer: 10] Autumn Mist, StarLight, DY Special, SummerSong, ShockWave, Solo 13/Coda, X-17, 190 Cruiser, 222 Cruiser, Legend.

Loon Works:[11] Pal, Duet, My Bug, Wee Bug, Mistral, My Toy, Button, Solitaire, Nakoma, Allegro, Aria.

Swift [10 canoes] Heron, Loon, Algonquin 16, Otter, Kewayden, Outfitters 15, 16, 17, Prospector, Kewaydin II, Keewaydin 14, Keewaydin 15, Keewaydin 18.5
[13 Kayaks] Classic 12, 13.5, Adirondack 10LY,12, 12LT, 13.6, Saranac 14LT, 14LV, 14 Spt, 14.5, Kiwasee 12.6LV, 12.6, 13.2.

Perception [6] Spectrum, Spectrum S, Prism, Keewee 2, Carolina [2]

Bell: [26] BuckTail, Magic, Merlin II, RobRoy 12, RobRoy 15, FlashFire, WildFire, YellowStone Solo RX, StarFire, NorthWoods, NorthStar, NorthWind, MorningStar, MorningStar RX, NorthWind RX, BackWater, Mystic, Prodigy, Prodigy X, YellowStone Solo, Nexus, Alaska, Companion, Prospector, NorthShore.

Hemlock [4 from Curtis plugs] Kestrel, Peregrine, Eagle, Eaglet.

Placid boatworks [6] StarFire, FlashFire, WildFire, SpitFire, RapidFire, un-named Tandem Pack, Ohneka, Shadow

Sawyer IV [4] Shockwave, SummerSong, Autumn Mist, Solo 13 [Sawyer II and III never really counted.]

C-4 6mm Magnum

Colden Nomad, DragonFly and Fire series (using the Placid molds)

Assuming Sweetfancymoses answered the original question correctly that would mean it's up to him to post the next trivia question.

Alan

Correct Lana, er I mean Alan. Would Sweetfancymoses like to buy a vowel?

Last edited:
Which of the following are the three largest Provincial Parks / Wildernesses by area: La Vérendrye, Killarney, Sylvania, Wabakimi, Atikaki, Woodland Caribou, Boundary Waters, Algonquin, and Quetico? When adding up the area of the three largest, are they larger or smaller than Lake Ontario?

Mine was probably a trick question. I once asked dave and he said he didn't know himself.

Which of the following are the three largest Provincial Parks / Wildernesses by area: La Vérendrye, Killarney, Sylvania, Wabakimi, Atikaki, Woodland Caribou, Boundary Waters, Algonquin, and Quetico? When adding up the area of the three largest, are they larger or smaller than Lake Ontario?

Wabakimi, Woodland Caribou, Quetico.. Had the pleasure of paddling all of them!
Hectares You do the math.
Lake Ontario:
area
18,962 km 2 more or less depending on water levels.

They PP are smaller in area combined than Lake Ontario.

Do I get money or did I hit bankrupt?

I guess I need to modify the rules -- so someone like me, who has killed a large number of brain cells over the years, has a chance of answering the challenge. So I'll start again with another simple question. "Who was George Washington Sears and what was the name of his canoe?"

I guess I need to modify the rules -- so someone like me, who has killed a large number of brain cells over the years, has a chance of answering the challenge. So I'll start again with another simple question. "Who was George Washington Sears and what was the name of his canoe?"

Nessmuk, and I'll guess at Wee Lassie. I didn't check Wikipedia.

Last edited:
I looked over my classmate's shoulder but didn't copy.

La Verendrye : 12,589 sq.km
Killarney : 10,000 sq.km
Wabakimi : 8,920 sq.km

Lake Ontario : 7,340 sq.km

ps Have I been left behind?! Is Mr Waterspyder onto the next chapter already?!

Last edited:
I looked over my classmate's shoulder but didn't copy.

La Verendrye : 12,589 sq.km
Killarney : 10,000 sq.km
Wabakimi : 8,920 sq.km

Lake Ontario : 7,340 sq.km

ps Have I been left behind?! Is Mr Waterspyder onto the next chapter already?!

Which La Verendrye.? One is a Reserve Faunique in QC and the other a PP in Ontario. The PP is tiny.The Reserve is huge. Woodland Caribou is out. Quebec wins by a huge margin. Lake Ontario uses.

I would rather teach fourth grade math homeschool!

Back