• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

BWCA Open!?

Reaction score
Minnesota is lifting the stay at home order Sunday at midnight and allowing dispersed and remote camping so it is highly likely the Feds will follow suit and reopen the BWCA Monday for overnight use. Whether or not they also remove the fire ban remains to be seen.

Do you have a trip planned? I had originally planned to do a 3 week trip in there at the beginning of May and now plan to go in this coming Tuesday, assuming it really is open. Hopefully I'll hear before i leave on sunday.

Having a campfire has lost its appeal to me, so that part is no big deal. I don't mind one on rare occasion though. Every few years we get months of smoke from wildfires out west and ive lost interest in inhaling wood smoke on purpose.

mark

Do you have a trip planned? I had originally planned to do a 3 week trip in there at the beginning of May and now plan to go in this coming Tuesday, assuming it really is open. Hopefully I'll hear before i leave on sunday.

Having a campfire has lost its appeal to me, so that part is no big deal. I don't mind one on rare occasion though. Every few years we get months of smoke from wildfires out west and ive lost interest in inhaling wood smoke on purpose.

mark

Mark, I do have a trip planned. Headed up and in on Wednesday. I like a campfire in the evening but can live without it.

Greg

What entry point? I'll be in my wood strip Kite, starting at Fall Lake heading west for a while, then turning back east after a week or so. Keep an eye out for me.

Mark

What entry point? I'll be in my wood strip Kite, starting at Fall Lake heading west for a while, then turning back east after a week or so. Keep an eye out for me.

Mark

I'll be further east, headed in at brule lake and doing a 5 night circle.

Think I read on bwca.com that campgrounds in the BWCA were closed but dispersed ( backcountry) camping OK.

Quetico seems to be OOB. Border closure likely to be extended till June 21 or so.

Forest Service spokeswoman was very vague. I really don't understand how they can be so far behind. They should have had a plan for the Governor extended the order, and a plan if he let the order expire.

Back