• Happy Tear the Tags Off the Mattress Day! 🛏️✂️🏷️🚔🚨👮

Bog River/Lows Lake Canoe Trip 7/15-17/16

Reaction score
Hello all,
I've been a forum member since 2013 but almost never post. This past July, a friend and I spent 3 days and 2 nights at Low's Lake. We were very surprised to find that there was no crowd. Attached is a link to a video that I made of the trip and posted on Vimeo. Hope you enjoy it. I used two GoPros mounted to the canoe and a Canon camcorder at the campsite.

Tony

Gerald and cold feet - Glad you enjoyed the video!

forest runes - In your search engine, type in "Vimeo.com, Lows L Canoe Trip 201607"
I just tried that on Google and the link came up at the top of the list.
Sorry the link starting this thread didn't work for you

Thanks Robin. We had headwinds Friday and Saturday. Only had rain part of Friday night after we were in the hammocks. We stayed at site 17 both nights.
Hope you have fair winds and fine weather on your trip to Lows later this month.

Tony

Thanks, I should mention those Keeywaydin canoes in the opening frames are out of Dunmore, Vt. They have no doubt spent a fair amount of time being restored right here in Norfolk, Connecticut at Schuyler Thomsons shop. He builds them and maintains them for the camp.

Every time I see a loon nowadays I expect to see Bioguide pop up like the loon popped up on him in his recent video of Algonquin trip with coldfoot..haha

Tony , I finally got it ( this univac computer just doesn't do the trick anymore ). Looks like You had marvelous weather & a great trip. Great video , hope you keep us posted on other excursions. Thanks .

having been paddling on lows for more than 30 years, i can easily recognize most places shown on the video. great memories always, thanks.

Last edited:
Robin -
Regarding the loons, the chick kept diving and resurfacing always close to the mother. Right after that video clip, the sun hit the water at the right angle relative to my canoe position and I could see the chick swimming underwater about a foot and a half to the right of the mother! Regrettably, the swimming chick didn't
wasn't captured by either go pro. No one resembling Bioguide's avatar was swimming underwater with the chick.............

Tony

forest runes - Glad you were able to watch the video and, of course, that you enjoyed it!

yknpdlr - My co-paddler had canoe camped at Low's once a couple of years ago. I'd never been there before but will certainly return in the near future.
On day 2 we paddled around the big floating bog and the point with the camp on it. We turned back around the back side on the island and
canoed back to Site 17. portaging the road along the way.

Tony

Enjoyed your video, thank you for sharing, looks like pretty weather and a beautiful trip.

Really nice film of a good trip, thanks for this. It's also been helpful for me to put pictures to places on the map.

Back