• Happy National Telephone Day! 🔔☎️📱📶

Billy goes poling

Just awesome Robin. Thanks for posting. Quite the hilarious character. Wish I had a river like that nearby!

murat -- what about the rouge? looks a lot like this upstream of kingston road. after a rain, you can run it down from finch to the lake, i've done that run a couple times -- but should be good poling up to at least twyn rivers...most of the time...

The rafting videos he put out recently are good too. There's videos with a dugout canoe and some with a tarp canoe, and even a spruce bark canoe. He's a traditional Canadian skills kind of guy I think. I second the recommendation.

He mentioned he has another poling video coming out where he has improved his skill level. Did anyone else see the bend in his pole looked like it would snap at one point.

I'm subscribed to a number of sites, Billy's being one of them. He has a lot of fun, no preachy-teachy stuff going on there. I like it. (I'm subscribed to instructional vids too.) I know it was a canoe poling vid (sorry - I mean canot pooling), but I got a thrill seeing him come down that fast water with ease.
Thanks for this Robin. It reminds me I have a few channels to catch up on.

That was a fun video to watch. Thanks for sharing. I probably would have fell out of the canoe trying to pole like Billy. But it sure looked like fun.

Back