• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Any interest in an Allegheny River Trip?

'll either bring a Wenonah Solitude or the Curtis Solo Tripper. Neither are high end, like Turtle's Colden Nomad. I feel sorry for him when he puts the first scratch on it.

A few more scratches will hardly be noticed.

My Nomad already has scratches from landing and launching onto a boulder in high winds on Little Tupper lake last year. I really don't want to deliberately really beet it up--should I bring my slower royalex Mohawk solo 13?

My Nomad already has scratches from landing and launching onto a boulder in high winds on Little Tupper lake last year. I really don't want to deliberately really beet it up--should I bring my slower royalex Mohawk solo 13?

Depends on the water level. My Wilderness is slow (and so am I) so if you decide to paddle the Mohawk, there won't be any problem. Canoe choice can be made just before you rack it.

June is getting close. How does June 5-8 work for those interested? Thinking of doing Franklin (US Rt 322) to Emlenton (I-80), Meet near the put-in mid/late Tues afternoon, do the shuttle, have dinner, camp at the put-in and shove off Weds. morning. Take out at Emlenton noonish Friday.

I should have my solo Tripper back from Dave Curtis by then. tried going out on 5/2, but the wind had other ideas. My canoe wanted to be a sail boat. Split the stern open, but nut beyond repair.

Boat went sailing, so did I. only a little blood. Looking forward to June trip.

I considered going, but we will be camping at the WPA solo canoe rendezvous June 1-3. Another trip so soon is too much for me. have fun.

Thanks for setting this trip up. Unfortunately, I'll have just gotten back from a two week class I'm teaching in the Adirondacks and then I'll be off again on June 7th to head up to the Maine Canoe Symposium that starts on the 8th. Hope you all have a wonderful time. Would love to see photos if anyone takes them.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

The Allegheny is a river I have always intended to paddle. Haven't gotten around to it. I'd like to join this trip. June 5 - 8 works for me, although if we wanted to go longer, it's just a bit more food to pack, right?

The Allegheny is a river I have always intended to paddle. Haven't gotten around to it. I'd like to join this trip. June 5 - 8 works for me, although if we wanted to go longer, it's just a bit more food to pack, right?

Depends on how hungry you get:D. You're welcome to come along. If we made it longer we would have to put in at a PFBC access site and that requires a use permit (+/- $20 per calender year) and 1st night camping would be in poor sites:(.

Would have liked to have joined you. June 6th is the local VA hospitals adaptive clinic and I'll be assisting some amazing vets experience the opportunity to get out and do some paddling. Looking forward to reading a trip report.

Sounds fun, would love to take my Curtis Blue Gill, would be perfect for the Allegheny, but Ill just be coming off Annual Training in Navy reserve, then right back to work until thursday morning. If anybody had interest in this trip again at the end of June, say a Thurs-Sun I would be in like Flint...

Thank you for your kind thoughts. My daughter is currently in the ICU at SUNY Upstate in Syracuse. Doctors are working hard to find the right meds to combat infection without interaction.

Your prayers are appreciated.

Back