• Happy National Garlic Day! 🧄🚫🧛🏼‍♂️

Another project...

Reaction score
97551724-349D-4A5B-9A84-CE5CD740CB92.jpeg FC4EC400-95D8-4628-AEF0-051ED6BEADD8.jpeg 1910 17’ Old Town Charles River. I wasn’t looking for another project, but sometimes they find you. It was in too good of condition and the price was right. It needs the usual - stem and gunnel ends and a few ribs and planks. The decks look really good. Remarkable original condition for its age.

Bob

Good luck with the restoration. I've been looking for a w/c restoration project myself, although perhaps a lightweight 14 or 15 footer. As a solo paddler, the 17' canoes are too heavy for me to portage!! I will look forward to seeing your progress.

Looks good, they are beautiful canoes when finished. If you can save the decks on them your way ahead of the game.

Whats that sitting in the other bay, old Camaro?

69 Firebird 400 getting ready to be painted. I’m a sucker for saving classics I guess. Too many projects!

Bob

Bob

Is the narrow end of the deck rotted, or just banged up ?

I'm not able to enlarged your pics ? If a poster has just one pic. I usually can. Multiple no

Jim- no thankfully. I can see why it would look that way in the photo. It is some planking that is out of place. I am sure there will be more work uncovered when I dig in. I am hoping to find some time soon. I just can’t decide which canoe to start on first. One of the better problems to have I guess.

Bob

Back