• Happy National Bean Counter Day! 🫘🔢🧮

An Alaskan joining up (with Glenn’s help)

Reaction score
Good evening, im an over 70 new guy from Wasilla who’s looked around a bit and decided this could be a worthwhile site. During the course of my life there have been numerous Canoes and i recently purchased an old Town 133 with a distinct purpose in mind. Here in Alaska, there’s a time of year where Red Salmon return up a stream a few miles from me and we’re allowed to take 35 of them, per year. This is an interesting fishery in that we dip them out of the stream with dip nets!
As a Machinist, with a complete shop here at the house; i consider myself somewhat handy and as we go along i’ll probably be bouncing my “Outfitting ideas” by you. Thanks for letting me join in and Thanks you Glenn for getting me out of the spam ditch!

Alasgun, welcome to site membership! Feel free to ask any questions and to post messages, photos and videos in our many forums. Please read Welcome to CanoeTripping and Site Rules! We look forward to your participation in our canoe community. We have other members in Alaska and I've canoed around the Anchorage area a little bit.

Welcome Alasgun, pull up a stump and warm your feet. Hobby machinist here but professional boat builder, lifelong do it yourselfer. Looking forward to your ideas.
Jim

Back