• Happy May Ray Day! 🌞😎🌻🩳🇩

All I wanted for Christmas......

Reaction score
My parents got me the book Song of the Paddle for Christmas. Very good book. Lots of pics.

Santa son brought me this

http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Free-Cam...=1418657593738

12,000+ free and low cost (under $12) campgrounds. Sites numbered on State maps for easy reference. 2014 edition. If you travel on the cheap in unfamiliar areas this book will pay for itself the first time you use it.

Example: Arizona, Portal, #49. Pinery Canyon/Cave Creek. Coronado National Forest. Free.
2miles south of Portal on CR 42, 16 miles west on FR 42. All year, 14 day limit, 4 sites, tables, toilets, fire pit/grill, no drinking water, no trash service. Hiking trails. Elevation 7000, 30 acres. Scenic. GPS: 31.93306, -109.27056

This one is definitely coming on the next cross country trip.

One, corded circular saw, difficult to find in the cordless world. Runs forever without needing a charge. I like my cordless stuff, but saws eat batteries and the companies are making a fortune at $90 a battery.

Digital picture frame. Intended use, photo's of all my builds in progress to completion. Keep in shop and it allows visitors to see previous work, or take to work and take down photo's on tool box. (Everyone else has photo's of spouses and kids, I have photo's of canoe builds).

All I got was a 2lb. bag of dehydrated meal worms.

Alan

L.L. Bean parka. My three season gear just doesn't cut it in the winter, so we made due. Until now :)

My Sweetheart gifted me some Atlas Snowshoes with trekking poles! I've never snowshoed before and I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Yesterday was in the 50*s F here and today is in the 40*Fs. It may be a while. Her daughter baked me chocolate chips cookies and they are fantastic! Good thing they are the big shoes for heavyweights.

I hear ya Hanz, think I'm up another five pounds already, which is why I'm going out snowshoeing in about 20 minutes. Gotta fight the girth! My new snow shoes are awesome, a little heavier than my old ones, but really great carrying capacity.

Well I can not complain this year. Under the tree was a new solo pot set and a fly in train out trip to Wabakimi the end of July. All I need to do now is confirm the time off work, finalize a route, source and print the topos, book the train and float plane and figure out a 19 day menu.

Cheers
Rob from Barrie

Well I can not complain this year. Under the tree was a new solo pot set and a fly in train out trip to Wabakimi the end of July. All I need to do now is confirm the time off work, finalize a route, source and print the topos, book the train and float plane and figure out a 19 day menu.

Cheers
Rob from Barrie

You could get in touch with Phil Cotton of the Wabakimi Project for map info, he and his crew have mapped the entire park. He is likely the best source of info on the park.

http://www.wabakimi.org/project/

Thanks, emails have already started with Phil and The Wabakimi Project and volume 1 and 3 are already on the shopping list,
Phil has been a great help and resource in the initial planning and I am sure he will get tired of hearing from me by July.

Cheers
Rob from Barrie

Best Christmas present.... 86 cents a litre for gas. That would be $3.25 a US gallon. Cheapest gas in almost ten years.

All I wanted for Christmas was to enjoy my daughter's company, whom I hadn't seen in two years. Tonight an old friend drove 100 miles (one way) with me to take my daughter, my son, and his pregnant wife to dinner. I am now a rich and contented soon-to-be-grandfather.

Back