• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Adirondack Gathering October 6,7,8 & 9th- 2017

Weather seems to be improving, I quit looking at Long Lake forecasts, those guys are too negative. Tupper Lake looks better, but all in all it's improving at the moment.

Weather seems to be improving, I quit looking at Long Lake forecasts, those guys are too negative. Tupper Lake looks better, but all in all it's improving at the moment.

If it rains bloody heck, you can blame me. I have a penchant for attracting monsoons, tropical storms, hurricanes and other assorted mayhem on canoe trips...although that usually only occurs on the trips I plan myself, not on trips organized by others, so there's hope.

-rs

It is my plan to be in the Adirondacks this week. I'll try to wander through Little Tupper at some point, not sure, how my itinerary will unfold. Because Chuck is involved in this event, I'll likely have a bigger boat, sail rig and lots of foul weather equipment. I plan to leave Wednesday morning. I'm the guy in the beige SRT with a blue and yellow sail. I'll look for the orange vest.

It is my plan to be in the Adirondacks this week. I'll try to wander through Little Tupper at some point, not sure, how my itinerary will unfold. Because Chuck is involved in this event, I'll likely have a bigger boat, sail rig and lots of foul weather equipment. I plan to leave Wednesday morning. I'm the guy in the beige SRT with a blue and yellow sail. I'll look for the orange vest.

It would be great to see you and catch up, Paul! Make sure that SRT is storm-rigged, lol! I'll have mine with me as well.

We will have our own beer tarp.... We will miss you as well Kevin.

I know but I live in a town that is struggling to raise above decades of neglect. This Octoberfest is a small step in the right direction.

I love to be there especially after 2 months since my last trip, but this needs to be supported. That and I have a chance to make some good cash.

P1250306.JPG

Attachments

• P1250306.JPG
    P1250306.JPG
    684.5 KB · Views: 1
All set, truck is loaded, ready to go. Sorry some folks can't make it who where a go a month or two ago, maybe we will toast you around the fire....a lot of toasts, not sure if I'll make it thru all the toasts.
Anyway, it's an easy paddle in to any folks who want to stop and say hi.

Soups ready! Most of the gear is packed. Will not paddle in late Friday, see you Saturday morning! Safe drive everyone.

Mmmmm ,can't wait. Very windy today I only made it to# 3 nice site on an island in a big cove. I think Robin an seeker are in 6. Conk is in 13 I believe, we will make our way to 11, 12 in the am. So far decent cell reception. Safe trip, lake is like glass right now with the almost full moon shining.

Mmmmm ,can't wait. Very windy today I only made it to# 3 nice site on an island in a big cove. I think Robin an seeker are in 6. Conk is in 13 I believe, we will make our way to 11, 12 in the am. So far decent cell reception. Safe trip, lake is like glass right now with the almost full moon shining.

Hey Bruce. Robin and I actually made it all way out to 12, then returned to 10 to get out of the wind Thursday evening. I was about dead. Seem to have pulled every muscle in my chest and arms. It was nice meeting all of you on Friday at lunch, and I ran into a few others on their way in as I fished my way north on Saturday.

Conk, thank you for the solo setup tips... I've already half reconfigured the Pal for a solo seat. My dad and I built one Monday, and he'll cane or weave something from webbing in the near future.

Robin, thanks for the company and pulling this together.

Back