• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Adirondack Gathering October 6,7,8 & 9th- 2017

I'm not very good at cooking for others, I tried it once and the other two guys where not impressed. Anyway, I'll bring my own and will taste a small portion of anyone else who wants to share, but I'm not really a group eat type. Sorry, too many solo trips I guess.:cool:
Not a problem, will be a first for a dutch oven from me but it looks easy on Youtube. Ha Ha.
Anyway i am having issues trying to send private messages. My plan is to drive to the area on Wed. and stay either on Round pond or a drive in site nearby (Lows/Horseshoe). Then a leisurely paddle on Thursday AM or early afternoon. We may be there around the same time.
My Cell Phone is (551) 427 6548 in case anyone is close and wants to send a text and meet for paddle in.

I won't be up there until Friday...planning on heading up right after work Thursday, getting up there too late to paddle, so I'll crash at a motel in Long Lake and get a reasonably early start in on Friday. Looking forward to that Adirondack fall weather, rain or shine!
-rs

Great to hear Coldfeet, what day are you planning on getting there? Is Mike coming?

Just spoke to Mike (MOC) and he's in! We will tandem up using the Souris River 17. I started getting gear ready this afternoon, ahhh, what a great feeling it is just getting clothes ready, gear and planning the meals.

We will leave the NYC (Queens) area around 3pm and hopefully get up there around 10. Not to sure about stealth camping in that area.

Cooler just got bigger!

I would say the easiest sites would be by horseshoe lake or the one site on the road into Lows, just beyond the seasonal gate. You can pull in and setup no problem. Then just backtrack a little ways to Little Tupper in the morning. If you plan on paddling in to LTL at night, I can have a tent setup for ya and put a LED Flashlight in strobe mode on a tree at the shoreline so you can find it.

Maybe a head count at this point. If you plan on going can you give us yes. Right now it's over 50% chance of showers all weekend but warm.

I'm in with rain gear, tarps, matza ball soup and hopefully some bagels!
Guess no need for hot tent in this trip.

Bruce, remind me to tell you and others (Greenfrog) about a Mullica trip set for mid November

I'll be there, probably get up to that end of the lake late morning or early afternoon Friday, depending on how lazy I am that morning. I'll check out who is at Site 12 first and then play it by ear from then.

-rs

I just might get to make this after all. My wife talked me out of going last weekend because I was exhausted and sick....(but the weather was perfect...kicked myself all weekend) so I told her i had to go this weekend even though it is our anniversary weekend. We couldn't get any decent reservations so we will do our special fun the weekend after, so I am going to do it if my jeep doesn't break. Need to test out my new whelen lean-to. Won't be able to get there until Fri evening

I have some small battery operated candles that I will set up for any after dark arrivals and I'll have the 'hunter orange" vest out front during the day. Got my grub all set, best is the slab bacon like Memaquay and "swisher sweet perfectos" cigars for around the campfire. If you have room bring some store bought firewood till we can scrounge up some off site.

Well it looks like Robin is providing the ambiance. The soft glow of candles. The unmistakable sweet scent of cigars and bacon.
dang. I'm gonna miss this trip.

Me too but it is Fryeburg Fair and Columbus Day weekend or Indigenous People Day ( they were here first) .Combined with the hordes of leaf peepers from away who don't yet know the color is blah due to drought here its going to be impossible to do the 270 mile drive in under 10 hours.( no interstate routes available and one ferry ride necessary- wait from 0 to 1 hour for ferry)
I'm staying home.

We went to the Fair today and the weekend will be even worse. A town of 1000 swells to over 50 000..and there is no way around it.

Rain or no, I'm there. Would like to think I'll make it up Thursday, but, likely Friday. An early start out of Boston would put me there early afternoon. Can't wait, as an early Sept. trip was completely rained out, and I've been packed for weeks!

In town Octoberfest and my rental space is next to the Beer Tent. Have a nice trip guys!

Back