• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

Adirondack Gathering October 6,7,8 & 9th- 2017

Not at all, you can still do a solo thing come and go as you please, or get down and dirty and set up with the group. Either way, we would all like to see ya again.

The gang rides again. The pack is in bristol fashion & ready to sail , would send a picture but I don't own a cell phone ( spent all my money on wooden canoes, pack baskets & canvas tents, you've got to have priorities after all ! ). It will make it's grand premiere & maiden voyage to Little Tupper.

Last edited:
The gang rides again. The pack is in bristol fashion & ready to sail , would send a picture but I don't own a cell phone ( spent all my money on wooden canoes, pack baskets & canvas tents, you've got to have priorities after all ! ). It will make it's grand premiere & maiden voyage to Little Tupper.

And a double blade?

One of the guys on the ADK paddling weekend had his own double blade he made from a 2X4, and he kept up with us. His stroke rate wasn't too fast. Nothing like a spoon added, just whittled down to fit his hands and reduce weight. Who Knew?
I have a double blade which I added and extension onto in case anybody wishes to try, right now it is about 8'. We can cut the extension down to any length you feel comfortable with. I would also be willing to part with it in case there is something to trade like for it such as Beer.

Great, looks like a fine group forming up.

I'd commit, but I would worry that my hoary presence might tip the balance from the 'fine group' to something less remarkable...(but perhaps more memorable)

That's the week family is up at the nearby state campground, so maybe a wave and a hello if I can disentangle myself and get over there.

I'm like Mem....I've got to figure out how to retire. Unfortunately for me, I have at least one more year at work; which means weekends don't belong to me. I'm going to keep watching this thread though. Should something happen at work, I'll get my solo out and join you all if an "open" invitation is appropriate.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time....be well.

snapper

Sure last minute, day trippers and non-members are all welcome to visit/camp this canoe gathering. We will no doubt have to get two sites as there are restrictions on group size and the amount of tents allowed at each site, but having a good turn out is a good problem.

Robin - Thanks for understanding and being so open to late arrivals. I realize the need for small groups so multiple sites will probably be the order of the day. That being said, if I can make it I'll bring my hammock and tarp so a couple of decent trees is all I'll need.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

I've been thinking of options for a canoe-camping trip over Columbus Day weekend, and when I came across this it seemed quite serendipitous. Like it was meant to be. Nothing like an Adirondack trip in the fall (my favorite time to visit) and it would be good to meet some new folks...Robin is the only one I've met! So, barring unforeseen plan changes, which seems to be the order of the day this year, consider me in.

-rs

Little Tupper Lake

imag5637.jpg

38117813.jpg

Little-Tupper-Lake.jpg

Little-Tupper-Lake-cross-streak-clouds-with-log_900px.jpg

image3.JPG

Little-Tupper-Lake-outlet-lily-pads-panorama_1200px2.jpg

littletuppervista.jpg

2017-06-paddling-05.jpg

adirondacks-sand-point-little-tupper-lake-new-york-state-old-print-fd84np.jpg

Completely missed this thread.. Now thinking .. its an eight hour drive.. That old Ya can't get thear from heah thing.. 250 miles. 32 miles of it is interstate. Some dirt road and one ferry. Early October is quite nice..
You all headed to the usual site at the foot of LTL?

I may be as close as Glens Falls in Oct. but probably more towards the end of the month. That's as pretty as anywhere up there. I haven't been there since my honeymoon 27 years ago this month. We went to a WW paddling school "Wild Waters"at the Glen on the Hudson. Same guy still owns it but now he runs only rafting trips.

I may be as close as Glens Falls in Oct. but probably more towards the end of the month. That's as pretty as anywhere up there. I haven't been there since my honeymoon 27 years ago this month. We went to a WW paddling school "Wild Waters"at the Glen on the Hudson. Same guy still owns it but now he runs only rafting trips.

Oh Yeah, Doug Azert. He used to run a ski lodge on the Killington access road when I started going there, back in 1980ish. Haven't been rafting up there in years.
Towards the end of OCT the colors are usually past peak, last OCT we were at Lows lake the first weekend of OCT and they were just starting to turn.

Last edited:
Here's a map of the lake ( http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/lands_forests_pdf/mapwhitney.pdf). Site #'s 11 and 12 are about a 4 mile paddle from the LTL Headquarters parking lot where there is an easy launch site.
I'll be in there around noon Thursday and try to secure either site. I will use a hunter orange vest hanging out front to help paddlers find the site we will be using.

I have camped at both these sites and l think they will be fine for our group, but also open to suggestions.

Back