• Happy International Mermaid Day! 🧜🏼‍♀️

A Good Paddling Site

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone on this site for being positive, upbeat and encouraging.
I spent some time over on the purist canoeing site, I am sure you can guess which one. I got tired of negative feedback and people telling me I was going to fail, and all the reasons my ideas were no good. It makes me really appreciate the people here. Thanks.

I only know of 2 canoe sites (here and CCR). Enlighten me. :)

G.

Paddling.com which has almost nothing about wilderness canoeing and BWCA.com which is mostly people that paddle in the Boundary Waters . If I want to read about the latest gear to buy I go to their Gear section. If I want to avoid buying new gear and learn ways not to buy new gear I come here. ADKforum is kind of Adirondack specific . Local forii are handy if you want the latest on conditions.

I only know of 2 canoe sites (here and CCR). Enlighten me. :)

G.

I sometimes wonder whatever happened to Credence. I’m a bit surprised that they have moved on to hosing a canoe site. I imagine it is focussed primarily in paddling Bayou waters.

(Sorry. I wanted to post something this morning, but that’s all I got. :eek:)

PPine,

I am glad you feel more at home on canoetripping.
Please keep in mind that there are a number of us here who frequent a number of canoe sites, included the one to which you alluded.
And oh yeah- Canoetripping does have its own set of issues at times...

And Michael, the idea of John and Tom Fogerty "hosing a canoe site" is pretty disturbing...

Bruce

I sometimes wonder whatever happened to Credence. I’m a bit surprised that they have moved on to hosing a canoe site. I imagine it is focussed primarily in paddling Bayou waters.

(Sorry. I wanted to post something this morning, but that’s all I got. :eek:)

Not sure about hosing, but John Fogarty can still pound one out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4E3tHaZBlc

Back