• Happy National Audubon Day! 🐣🐦🦅🕊️

27 Days remains my record.

Reaction score
Me and Doug did a 27 day trip through Maine about 20 years ago. I thought I'd be breaking that record this year but my 32 day trip became a 20 day trip. Trip report to come...

Me and Doug did a 27 day trip through Maine about 20 years ago. I thought I'd be breaking that record this year but my 32 day trip became a 20 day trip. Trip report to come...

I finally beat Hal at something other than making fun of DougD. Buy a single blessed day. Woo hoo!

Looking forward to a trip report and photos. I know you were Alaska bound, and stuff was burning.

I don't know how you guys do it. Maybe one day I will learn. I go on a 1 day trip & have 2 coolers, 2 sleeping bags, tent, lantern. Basically a truck full of stuff. Not sure how you guys pack enough to survive for that long :)

Maybe one day I will learn. I go on a 1 day trip & have 2 coolers, 2 sleeping bags, tent, lantern. Basically a truck full of stuff. Not sure how you guys pack enough to survive for that long :)

I think that's normal. I went car camping for a few days and took more gear than I did for a 40+ day canoe trip. Why? Because I could. When you know you're going to be lugging something around for a month you suddenly decide it's not so important.

And you still need the basics like shelter and sleeping gear no matter how long or short the trip is. So gear wise a 2 day trip isn't much different than a 30 day trip. Just add more food.

Looking forward to hearing more about the trip, Hal. There's always next year.

Alan

Back