• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

2020 Fund Raiser is On!

Reaction score
Greetings All, Now that the holidays are over and Super Bowl is done I'm kicking the fund raiser for this year! Last year we raised about 2800$ in about a week or so. That has covered the monthly fee for the site 80$ a month, a renewal for SiteGround the host at about 100$, around 200$ for the new IT guy who is worth every single penny for helping fix the hack we had as well as making fixing from the recent site migration to a new server, an additional 50$, again worth it! I also hired another service to scan the site weekly which runs in the background and only myself and the IT guy know it's there. That was an additional 200$ for the year and I will pay to run it again when the time comes. So after all of that I have a balance of 927$ left in the account which is better then last year at this time by a few hundred.

Odyssey posted my contact info on the Site Info part, thanks Odyssey, but I will also post it here as well. I am aiming at around 2800$ for the upcoming year as the hack we had could happen again and along with what is left from the last fund raiser that leaves a good surplus in the event it does. If you care to contribute to the site any amount you care to offer will add to the till. Since we have a lot of new members I'll do my speech.

To keep this site ad free as Robin Lauer, Thank You Robin, set it up as members contributions keep the site going year to year through this fund raiser. So in essence this is your website and I'm just the guy behind the curtain keeping it rolling by paying the monthly bills, playing interference when there are problems, vetting, fixing accounts and thank gawd no longer looking for an IT guy(keeping my fingers he sticks around). I may be a little bias but I have thought this was the best Canoeing website out there right now due to all who share their wealth of knowledge so willingly, treat each other with respect which lacks on other boards and no goldang ads messing with me! And that is due to all of you.

Here's my contact information:

I've set up a Paypal account, here's the link to try to save you some time:

https://www.paypal.com/us/home

My email is douglas.doremus@gmail.com.

or if you want to send a check or some other donation here is my address:

Doug Doremus
71 Blackwater Rd
Penacook, NH, 03303

So that's it in a nutshell.

dougd

Ah yeah, one more thing. Could you please let me know your username as well as your given name. That would help me out with the upcoming Fund Raiser as well. Thanks!

dougd

Hi Doug

I was just getting ready to Paypal money to you.

Could you double check your emay address ? Is the a period between your first and last name ?

Thanks !

Jim

There is a period (.) between my first and last name in my email Jim. If I didn't type it so much I'd have a hard time seeing it. Aging eyes and need new glasses soon.

Thanks Doug ! Just wanted to be sure, before pushing the button !

Done !

Jim

Doug, don't want to complicate things, but is there another way to send in electronically other than Paypal? I don't have or want a PayPal account and unlike when I use it to make payment to a business for a purchase, it won't let me send a one-time payment like this without one. How about an e-transfer direct to your email? If not, then I will put a cheque in the mail.

Thanks, and as others have said it's all money well spent, and well managed by you based on the quality of this site.

Traveler, I think and e-transfer was tried last year and it didn't work. I think a check in snail mail would be the best way for you to go. Thanks!

dougd

Back