• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

1 person tents

It is getting to be time for some retail therapy and I can think of nothing I would like better than a new soloish tent. I am leaning more towards the 2 person size. I had a Tarn 2 from MEC and while is was ok, it was not really what I had in mind. It was actually just an oversized bivvy bag to be honest.

I have an old Walmart bought Ozark tent that has full sleeves and while it has gone a lot of places with me. It is a royal pain to set up and take down. I am spoiled by the Wanderer 4 that we use now. I had looked at a Wanderer 2 but they are a tad pricey. What I did see that I like is an MSR Elixir 2.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5039-941/Elixir-2-Tent.

The price is ok and it has what I want...two doors for ventilation, vestibules, and the hook and clip system of suspension. Gramma needs to cut down on her gear so she can carry her chainsaw and shotgun eh.

Christy

No Title

I use a Big Agnes Slater UL 2+. I have spike camped in it at 9000 feet in Idaho in 40 mph winds and also used it on the river banks when overnighting on fishing trips. It is also great on bike trips. I would not want anything smaller. It is plenty wide for me and it has a very nice vestibule area for muddy wet things. It is wide enough for me and Rex the dog, but would be a tight fit for two adults. This is the only picture I currently have of it.

Attachments

• photo5829.jpg
    photo5829.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 0
I'm like several others on here... +1 for a hammock... I prefer a 11' hammock, and the ridge line at 9'. Lay a-symmetric if your a side sleeper like me...

I have a 1 man and a 2 man eureka spitfire. The 2 man works great as a solo tent, easy to set up with 2 hoop poles, doors on both sides.

Back