No announcement yet.

Photo of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of paddling and fishing just before sunset.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1DB23461-57F8-42A2-9889-DE9879F915D2.jpeg
Views:	274
Size:	582.1 KB
ID:	108491
    Attached Files

Comment

Killarney is an awesome destination ... from last years trip

Name:	z8PTUV8ET9KqOaJukX8eu_Z8GF-FUptAXTBIj1akuIUOc_zH-JKMuF6_MOLFYdLbXSWY1RVPy737uhVXikhJ7GLiSxghU7ZaGPVHJ4TEPwlQsbiNA7j6wwQqmTPJULKckM1jHHu7ABJ74SkKPKvzxcEPDHaZ88pKaEobHwDEBg7El1BsqhdtIAStRZgi-tt8VF8dagHTaHfUw5N_j4IFn7mu_qwRBJ1qIsphDmX1XzFEy7jzNUSzvA0WP1cOIkU
Views:	259
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	108532

Comment

Paddling out of Lake Lila site 14 on the "C" portion of the Whitney Loop. My dog Copper and trusty Stewart River Prospector.

PA110204 by Barry Rains, on Flickr
        My canoe can beat up your kayak.

Comment

Wind river trip last summer Peel river watershed(why are they side ways? Who knows!!)

Comment

Flowering dogwood, redbud, and open water

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lanezi Lake, BC.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	108930
              Last edited by Mason; 04-23-2020, 01:19 PM. Reason: Lanezi Lake, BC

Comment

Name:	snowdrift057.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	636.1 KB
ID:	109037

Camp near the height-of-land between the Thelon River and the Snowdrift River, Northwest Territories, 2001. Kathleen and I had hoped to return very near here this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Canotrouge View Post
                  why are they side ways? Who knows!!)
                  Most newer phones and cameras have a sensor in them that knows when the camera is being held vertical or horizontal. It embeds this information into the picture's file. Some programs read that information and some don't. If a program does read that information then it will automatically rotate the image when you open it. If it doesn't read that information then you have to rotate the image manually. Presumably this forum does not read that info from your phone/camera.

For example if I transfer an image from my phone to my computer it will not rotate automatically so any vertical shots are sideways. But if I upload that same image to Facebook (which does read that info) then the image appears correct.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Dodd View Post
                    Alan Gage in the background frying up some Bannock on the river bank.

What do you think Sadie is thinking in this pic ?

Name:	IMG_0404_zpsjcyxdelt.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	276.7 KB
ID:	107575
                    That is quite the look she's giving you there. She must have thought you should still be petting her rather than taking a picture.

Alan

Comment

Me on the Lewis River in Yellowstone National Park in 2004. Taken by forest rangers who anointed me the first outrigger canoe tripper in the history of the park.

The dead trees and the new growth trees are the aftermath of the devastating forest fire in Yellowstone in 1988.

Comment

Name:	Flathead.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	110358
                        Canoe tripping with kids on the North Fork of the Flathead River in Montana, 2002.

Name:	HannahJPG.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	293.1 KB
ID:	110359

Hannah takes a break on the North Fork of the Flathead River in Montana, 2002.

Comment

First weekend on the river this year for me!!
                          no photos of me... but one of my 12 years old daughter and her 13 years old cousin paddling a dagger caption ( there is 2 classII section on that section of river ) and they did awesome!!
                          well some pictures or the right way and some are side ways but the phone was always the same way for all the pictures....... so frustrating!!
                          Last edited by Canotrouge; 05-11-2020, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Tame deer in a Toronto cemetery, Humber river and Bloor... there are reports of wildlife moving in with the COVID lockdown... foxes, coyotes, etc. There have always been some deer in this cemetery, but never so tame. Photos taken this morning.

Name:	49886929263_a413f4902e_o.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	110585

Name:	49887525026_6bbe993605_o.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	110586
                            Last edited by frozentripper; 05-12-2020, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X