• Happy Star Wars Day! 🌇🚶🏼‍,👑👊🏼🔙

Your emergency canoe repair kit?

I got a question from Alan that I'm not seeing here, for some reason.
The crack in my NW17 actually looked worse on the inside than the outside.
And yes, there was actual torn carbon fiber.
An inner later must have been relatively unscathed since no water was coming through.
The crack was in a place that probably would have been protected by the internal skid plate had I had it.

I got a question from Alan that I'm not seeing here, for some reason.
The crack in my NW17 actually looked worse on the inside than the outside.
And yes, there was actual torn carbon fiber.
An inner later must have been relatively unscathed since no water was coming through.
The crack was in a place that probably would have been protected by the internal skid plate had I had it.

Thanks for answering. That must have been quite a hit!

I was in a hurry when I asked yesterday and was going off memory about what you said earlier in the thread (now quoted below)

I managed to put a pretty bad crack in my blacklite Northwind 17, when I hit a rock while taking a photo, but luckily it didn't leak.

Then, after making my post, I scrolled up a few responses and saw where you talked about sticking a fence post all the way through the hull and, thinking my memory was faulty, this made my question of, "was it a superficial crack?," seem pretty silly. So I quickly deleted my post. Only when I logged in again later and re-read the entire thread did I see there were 2 separate instances.

Alan

Back