• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

YAY!

Where everybody knows your name.... and you're always glad you came... :cool:

Glad the best forum on the net is back up and running.

I hope everyone is well. It's good to see canoetripping back again. Seeing it down had me nervous.
I'd like to thank Robin for this great place to come and hang out.

Thanks to the webmaster John for clearing things up so quickly. I also appreciate getting those pm's alerting me to the issues, very helpful.

I was somewhat disappointed that someone needed to express this "getting mighty angry!" because they couldn't respond to someone planning a canoe trip for next year....

I had to go out to the canoe shop to cool down for the day. Please, when the site has issues, take a break, give it a day or two.

Well, the site's back up and we all breath a sigh of relief and not unreasonably go on about our daily lives. I go about my days puttering with this and that, talking to my dog and thinking on various things.

Studying on Robin; I must admit that I really don't understand him. Where does he get the patience to keep dealing with these computer problems time after time and putting up with all the various 'slings and arrows' we so casually throw about when things don't go smoothly?
Most of us, when we retire expect to spend our time on the things we love doing and no matter how you cut the cake, this isn't something that Robin lays in his bed at night just wishing that morning will come soon so he can go back to the computer and deal with hackers and virus.

Much as I like all of you, if it had been me in that hot seat, I'd have cut the site loose long ago and gone about my business. I suspect most of you would have as well.
And then there's the not so little matter of hiring a computer guy who knows how to fix the serious problems. I'll bet long ago we blew through the money that was raised in that first fund raiser. So where do you think the money has come from lately?

I really hate the idea that I'm a freeloader and a moocher, it goes down just like swallowing pine cones, but really, isn't Robin carrying all of us?

So, the only thing I can think of is to be just as kind and polite as I can and when Robin announces the next fund raiser he won't find me lacking.

Those are my thoughts anyway, Rob

Rob, well said sir. My sentiments exactly. Robin gets my two thumbs, a hearty slap on the back and my sincerest thanks up for all the time, money and effort that he puts in on this site. Robin if there is anything that I can ever do to help out with this site or your paddling trips, just drop me a line. You know that my door is always open - bed bbq and beer.
cheers Ted

Thanks to the webmaster John for clearing things up so quickly. I also appreciate getting those pm's alerting me to the issues, very helpful.

I was somewhat disappointed that someone needed to express this "getting mighty angry!" because they couldn't respond to someone planning a canoe trip for next year....

I had to go out to the canoe shop to cool down for the day. Please, when the site has issues, take a break, give it a day or two.

Frustrated. Nothing went well that day.. $1300 in car repairs, husband diagnosed with illness, and I dumped all my photos.. I did email you. And I couldn't send a PM or anything.. Sorry that the public help was inappropriate.

I wouldn't get upset over a computer or program not working. It's not like something mechanical, it was never designed to work in the right first place!

Oh the irony.

I just tried to respond to Robin's post to tell him not to ever expect a computer or program to work properly but low and behold my message didn't show up!

Oh the irony.

I just tried to respond to Robin's post to tell him not to ever expect a computer or program to work properly but low and behold my message didn't show up!
Yes, sometimes a post won't show up to anyone but me and the webmaster, it is labeled as "unapproved" and hidden. We are not sure why this happens, but John is working on it. I just "approved" it so now l'oiseau's post can be seen by everyone. I waited to approve it so John could get a handle on it, Thanks

Thanks OM, I always welcome your Friendship.
Shearwater, Your Canadian hospitality is one of my best memories from a lifetime of fond Canadian experiences.

Reading the forums before the commute to work had become part of my routine, waking at 4:30am, get the coffee going, first smoke and sit and read as I wake up before the 45 minute drive... with the site down I wound up heading to work 10 minutes earlier every day, so getting to work before 6 for my 7am shift start.

You never really know how important something is until it is gone...

Back