• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

WTB - Swift Raven

Here she is after the thwarts and seat were redone, the bow deck plate was replaced and the int/ext cleaned with Mothers VLR. It’s faded a bit from outside storage but otherwise appears to be in good shape. Knee pads, etc in progress. Serial # indicates a 2013 build.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    293.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0215.jpeg
    IMG_0215.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 22
Here she is after the thwarts and seat were redone, the bow deck plate was replaced and the int/ext cleaned with Mothers VLR. It’s faded a bit from outside storage but otherwise appears to be in good shape. Knee pads, etc in progress. Serial # indicates a 2013 build.
Great canoe. Despite its ample rocker the canoe holds its line very well if paddled with good technique. I got mine used about 6 years ago and after a clean up it looks like this.

IMG_0612.jpeg

What a beautiful boat! I am unfamiliar with this model - looks a bit like SuperNova in shape - is it similar in performance? How much do they weigh?

I’ve not paddled a SuperNova; haven’t even paddled the Raven yet as I am currently enjoying a slow recovery from 2 broken ribs ☹️. The side view picture is overly flattering due to the light conditions. I’m a long time Osprey paddler and wanted something more durable for moving water. I expect it’s around 60 lbs so will be a bear to lift and carry (for me at least).

Dale, it's interesting you're from PEI, not a big place. I spent several days there sea kayaking around the shoreline, with its unusually warm waters, and down one interior river in 2000 or 2001. Where do you paddle or intend to paddle your canoes?

Yep, not prime canoe country here - our rivers are short and low gradient and lakes are hard to come by. My casual day paddling I do here; my tripping in SW Nova Scotia, which is where I found the Raven.

Back