• Happy Midnight Ride of Paul Revere (1775)! ⛪🕯️🕛🏇🏼

WPA Solo Rendezvous 2022

Anyone planning on bringing secondhand boats for sale to this event? I'm thinking of finally taking the plunge on a solo boat....

I think I want something agile for twisting creeks and swamps, but that can handle wind decently on a lake (I don't go out in big water, but soloing my high-bow tandem in even a moderate headwind is really getting old). Needs decent stability and width as my first solo and one that the 65lb hound joins me in often. Capacity: me (185lb) + dog = 250lb + a couple weekends a year camping gear (40lb).

Last I very briefly tried a Northwind Solo (too hard to turn) and a Phoenix (better, liked it more, still tracks way better in wind than my current barge despite more rocker), but didn't really spend enough time in either boat to know it's the one.

Is anyone considering a trip to the 2022 Rendezvous? I kind of forgot about it, but could arrange to be there for Saturday. I could bring a Hemlock SRT in case Hemlock doesn’t have one with them. I could also bring a Bell Rockstar which is no longer in production. I think it is pretty similar to the SRT.

Cheers,
Barry

I will be there on Saturday. Dave Curtis will probably have a demo SRT there and I will bring mine. Might leave the Rockstar at home in case I accidentally see a boat I like for sale.

I will be driving a white Tacoma with big racks and a Road Shower mounted up top.

Barry

Something came up for me last minute unfortunately and I can't make it now. Bummer, I was really looking forward....

Back