• Happy Weed Appreciation Day! 🌱🌿🌻

Wooden Canoe Heritage Association Assembly

Reaction score
Will any CT members be in attendance? The event is July 12-17 at Paul Smiths College , Paul Smiths NY. Its the quintissential canoe location , conducive to trips right off the campus. This is the last year that the event can be held there as the college has decided to cease non college related activities in the future.
The website is https://www.woodencanoe.org/

Program is under development. The theme this year is remembering Tom MacKenzie and solo canoes. I will be bringing two of Tom's boats. One is a Loon Works Duet and it will be for sale on the green. Already there seems to be quite a good program under development. I volunteered to teach some basic strokes in the water without boats. Will be doing the J and the silent ( Indian ) stroke and the Northwoods stroke.

I will ask to see if I can take off from work for a few of those days. I’ve attended maybe 2 or 3 of those assemblies. Camped out around the corner in a buggy area. Eek. Robin I think and others camped out on an island across the green. Now I think about it I also stayed one time in the dorm. I did go to Canada a few years ago when the theme was Chestnut. I happened to get my Chum fixed up a month or two before that. The paddle through the locks was cool. The canoe museum we visited was incredible.
Wonder where the future ones might be?
Will keep in touch and hope to say hello.
I could use some lessons YC. Thanks.

Back