• Happy Scream Day! 😱

Wood stove suggestions

Red, I've never used a 4 dog but I like that the knico gets hotter faster on the surface for cooking than a thicker one. My knico is almost twenty years old and I have used it quite a bit the last 5 or 6 years having it set up in a tent for 5 months a year. I thought it was going to rust out this year so I bought a replacement, but the old one is still going strong and may last a few more years. Anyway the thinner they get the hotter they get, I think.

Ok, call me soft, whatever, but all of my winter camping will be with a skidoo and a big sled. I want to get my wife out more, but she's no good with the cold, can't stand the uneven heat from the knico. So cruising the net I found this...... http://nuwaystove.com/product/model-4000/ It's a vented propane stove. It has a chimney on it, so it can go right through the stove hole. From the reviews I have read, a 20 pound bottle will last the weekend fairly easily. So I can get a constant heat all night. Happy wife, happy life!

Let the flaming begin!

At a certain age it's all about comfort Mem. Good for you for still gettin out there in the winter.

That company also offers a small wood stove for 125.00 if anyone is interested.

Back