• Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare (1564-1616)! 2️⃣🅱️, 🚫2️⃣🅱️

Wood Harvesting Tools - Saws, Axes and Knives

I use to re set the teeth on my bow saw by hand with a pair of plier wile sitting by the fire, easy and doesn't have to be precise, it is not a surgeon tool... You need to know what decent set look and feel like but easy to experiment with !!

I brought my bow saw in this morning, and sat down by the fire. Got out a pair of pliers and started setting the teeth, by feel and sight. No real "surgical" precision. After about five minutes I took the saw back out and cut a few pieces up to about three inches in diameter. No binding at all! Thanks canotrouge.

I have recently foregone my Hultafors small forest axe for a machete. I know, heresy. I will admit to having one of those Coghlan's folding saws too...in fact I think I got it from Bothwell a few years back. Somewhere on here is a picture of me disposing of a small tree with it. I still prefer my chainsaw. I have numerous bucksaws around home and I honestly do like the pull saw but never take any of that with me.
If I have to carry it I am going to get the most bang for the buck that I can and that has Stihl written all over it.

One good reason for not using my axe any more ( which I love ) is that my poor old wrists have seen better days and one careless swing with an axe puts me in agony. Golf club same thing. Even too much casting with a fishing rod will do it. It's tough getting old.

Christy

Back