• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Winter badness pool, anyone?

My two pesos on what's ahead this winter... IIRC the men in the white coats and thick glasses waving their arms in the air about climate warming are predicting more extreme weather, which may or may not be in effect here in S Ontario with the record-breaking heat wave. IIRC again they are getting into a sweat over the weakening of the polar vortex, which means in combination with warmer temperatures and heat spells, there will be portions of the polar vortex breaking off during the winter and going south, for unusually low temps at times, followed by, wheeeee, January thaw and false spring. And then another bitterly cold spell where climate change deniers will be going, see, told ya so. And then a very early spring where ice huts and snowmobiles will be breaking through the ice and this will be covered on the six o'clock news by reporters wearing fashionable outdoor clothes.

So......a repeat of last winter is in the bag then?

Odyssey - I bought a snow blower this year. It's just for the walk and my short driveway, which I will never shovel again - but it will probably fix the road too. I expect all my Canadian friends to thank me after my purchase sends all that cold and snow back up where it belongs.

So......a repeat of last winter is in the bag then?

Odyssey - I bought a snow blower this year. It's just for the walk and my short driveway, which I will never shovel again - but it will probably fix the road too. I expect all my Canadian friends to thank me after my purchase sends all that cold and snow back up where it belongs.

Yeah but yeah but yeah but...you started it first, with your humid moist air masses hanging around up here. Is it our fault they hooked up with our polar lows and started a ruckus? lol.
Well anyway, I'm betting that no matter what winter brings us that at some point we'll a) be surprised, b) complain about it, c) use it as a fall back topic of conversation when we can't think up anymore small talk. I'm guilty of all three each time I'm leaning on my shovel beside my (the city forgets they own it in winter) 100 foot sidewalk and exchange greetings with the morning dog walkers.
Good luck with your blower Steve. Hope it works out for us. lol.

Last edited:
So it goes like this Brad.....The guys that used to bobcat my driveway out are not reliable and the machine is broken most of the time now. I had a nice tracked, walk behind blower but that is on its second engine and I took the gas tank off for one of my tractors. That tractor is not running yet ( carb issues) but it has.....a snowblower. You can see the progress here. My other tractor is apart in the garage with a bad gear box that is sitting on the bench at work. Which is where I am not these days.
I am however in the process of acquiring a blade for that one. Which could go on the front, or on the back of the other tractor with the snowblower in front. I really need another 6 weeks off to get all this done. Or maybe apply myself for one full day. Either way.

Back