• Happy National Paranormal Day! 🔮👻👽

Wind. What the ????

Reaction score
Seems like so far this year, every time I plan on going canoeing, I check the weather before loading the canoe, 5mph winds. Perfect!! As soon as I got the canoe ontop of the Jeep, Wind!!! Go back in, check the weather, 15-25mph winds. I need a way to sneak the canoe ontop of the Jeep without the weather seeing me.

Maybe somebody makes an invisible canoe? Maybe I can disguise my canoe to look like a kite? I bet there will be no wind if I was going to fly a kite!

Well, it did make me realize something. My grandson doesnt have a kite. I'm getting him a kite. And when he wants to fly his kite, I'll load up the canoe!

Just got back from 2 weeks in the Adirondacks; Raquette Lake specifically. The last two days I was there the wind was so bad we couldn't put anyone safely on the lake. The rollers and white caps made it look like an inland ocean. Heck, I've paddled on much calmer oceans. My guess is the wind was a constant 25-30 mph with gusts up to 35+. Nice to look at from the land. heck, even for the big motor boats, on the water.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...be well.

snapper

one positive thing of my adk paddling trip a few weeks ago was that I found that my new colden nomad was very wind resistant. I still was windbound one day though.
Turtle

The wind is my friend, it cools me off, keeps the bugs away, makes those tiny sparkles on the lake and I use it against my bow to get a stroke with more power and less correction or switching. Sometime it gets us mad like a friend. Or maybe more like a spouse, it gets mad for no apparent reason and can stay that way for three days.

Back